Help with plot planning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicola.P View Post
    I am going to create it bed by bed. The paths are riddled with couch grass so that will creep back onto the beds if I leave them unsurrounded.

I tend to weed with a bucket and bend but stay on my feet rather than knees (squatting I suppose)
    Hi Nicola.P
    that couch grass will come back if you board it or not.
    Dig the path up and get it all out,then start with (clean) soil.
    You will not regret it
    cheers Peter

Comment

Most of my paths are about 15" wide, only the main ones are wide enough to get a wheelbarrow own, and that's fine for me. Anything that gets big enough to start spilling over the side of the bed tends not to need much weeding.

I have very narrow and quite short beds, as well as narrow paths though, so it's very easy to reach the centre of them. I'd agree with the people who say don't do anything permanent til you know how you like to garden. I'm sure my layout would drive some people nuts, but it's how I prefer it.
      My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

A bit of an update. I have marked the plot out with string and will go with 1.5ft paths.
        Also the shed has now been installed so I now have a good base to work from and not to mention the storage.

Comment

Here is Fred the shed.

Finally feels like my plot now that is there and gives me a nice base so when the weather warms/ drys up a bit I can get some good long days down there digging as will have somewhere to take a break.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X