No announcement yet.

Veiwing an Allotment

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on getting your plot Charlie like VC says we do like to have a nosy.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Congratulations, it is really exciting when you know its yours....enjoy it Charlie

Comment

Excellent pictures we NEED pictures
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

How fantastic. Well done and happy allotmenteering!
          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

I got the key today and im going in Saturday with a few friends to get it cleared. There are alot of strawberries, some raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, apple tree, cherry tree and a bit of rhubarb. We are going to keep as much as possible and plant a few broccoli (we have a few plugs) sow some peas, spinach, spring onion and leeks. The list is subject to change but any suggestions are welcome. I do have photos but I left my lead at work so I will add a link to them soon .

Comment

Make sure you take a cool bag full of cold drinks

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine

Exciting times ahead an don't be afraid of the hard work ahead

Weeding is my focus and always carry out twenty minutes of it every time I go to the allotment

Good friend I can guarantee you will meet who if in the same case so myself will give you great advice, support and lots of spare plants as it will take time to establish your planting regime

Happy gardening

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Welcome aboard , get some cardboard to cover areas for weed supression

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                  don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                  remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie85 View Post
                    I got the key today and im going in Saturday with a few friends to get it cleared. There are alot of strawberries, some raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, apple tree, cherry tree and a bit of rhubarb. We are going to keep as much as possible and plant a few broccoli (we have a few plugs) sow some peas, spinach, spring onion and leeks. The list is subject to change but any suggestions are welcome. I do have photos but I left my lead at work so I will add a link to them soon .
                    A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Charlie.

Good luck with your new allotment.

That's a stroke of luck re - the fruit. Pretty late in the season to be taking on an allotment, but by the sound of it you'll be able to start harvesting within your first few weeks!

Maybe something quick growing like rocket would be a good idea just for this season.
                    Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                    Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X