No announcement yet.

What to do with a tricky situation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rustylady,would you do nothing if it happened to be your plot/garden/allotment?

Comment

I think being able to pass on information is the right thing to do. But I do realise that standing up for things can backfire. Someone else on the vine has stood up for others for a year or more now, and they are the one off their plot, not anyone else.
      It's one thing to be a whistle blower, but it's another to put up with the consequences when others don't want the whistle blown.
      Being able to pass information on, without being in the line of fire is definately an easier option, but still a good option.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hi Mr Grower

You were definitely right in bringing the information to the attention of the authorities, but as far as I am concerned your concience should now be clear.

If nothing is done it is down to the person whose allotment is compromised to take it further, perhaps by bringing it to the attention of the local allotment association.

If they are not willing to do this then perhaps you could see if there is a spare plot on your allotment to offer them instead?

Andy
        http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Hi Andy I handed this back to the person who told me, who has in turn made others aware of the problem. There was also a meeting last week where the guy from the council who was told about the high contamination should have been there, however I'm aware he ducked the meeting because he knew the subject would be raised. As you say my conscience is clear
          Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Yep, it's open knowledge now, you've done your bit. I hope someone does go to the papers, and the lad from the council gets his butt kicked !
            Personally, I would have had the topic buried in Any Other Business, but of course to get him there they needed a pretext...
            There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Typical council employee Mr G. (No offence to others, but you know what I mean...)

Probably pooping his pants over it, as he might have to say how he got hold of the information, or might have to face scrutiny.
              Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X