Samurailord's Video Updates

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurailord's Video Updates

I have finally managed to master the technology to get a video uploaded, so if anyone is interested you can find it either on my blog (link in my sig) or by following this link.

samurailord1 - YouTube

Please post your comments either here, on the blog or on YouTube so I know what everyone thinks.

Thanks

Andy
    http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

I watched it Andy!! Totally amazed at how much you've achieved in such a short time. Well done you!!!

Comment

welldone on what you have done and doing,are you doing square foot,or is the string the help stop birds,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I watched it Andy!! Totally amazed at how much you've achieved in such a short time. Well done you!!!
        Thanks VC

Sometimes I look at how much I have still got to do, and I get a little down thinking of how little I have done, and then some days I look at what I have done and I am really happy, especially when I can take something home.

A bit up and down, like the weather right now I guess
        http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
          welldone on what you have done and doing,are you doing square foot,or is the string the help stop birds,
          Hi Lottie

The string was done for the square foot gardening, but it also seems to be keeping the birds off too, so that was an unexpected bonus.

Other plotholders have tried hanging up CDs, tying bits of tape to poles near the beds and lots of other stuff but it only seems to work for a short while until the birds get used to it.

Having string to make it difficult for them to actually get to the crops seems to be the best solution so far.

Andy
          Last edited by Samurailord; 27-08-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Wow Andy I can't believe how wet your allotment is
            An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Originally posted by hamesy View Post
              Wow Andy I can't believe how wet your allotment is
              You should have seen it before we dug the drainage channel - it was literally up to the top of your boots in the middle.

Now it is only half way, and I hope that it keeps draining like that.

Unfortunately it has persisted down here this afternoon, so I fully expect to see my very own inland waterway when I get down next, tomorrow night.

Fortunately about 60-70% of the allotment isn't too bad so I can at least get on with growing something.

Andy

Comment

What can I say mate? I'll try though...

You're miles in front of where I want to be! Huge plot you have to deal with which you have done very well to get where you are to date. That excess water must be a real pain to deal with? I will never have that problem thankfully.

I think noticed one or two gaps in your brassica netting that you need to deal with if you want any return on your hard work, if I'm not mistaken?

Enjoyed the video and will have to up my game if I can, just to keep up!

Well done mate, apart from the dodgy northern accent

Chris
                Last edited by Cue the Toms; 27-08-2012, 06:25 PM.
                My new website for allotment beginners www.theallotmentshed.co.uk

My Facebook page Please take the the time to "LIKE" https://www.facebook.com/theallotmentshed

Follow on Twitter The Allotment Shed @TASallotment

Comment

Great vid Andy, I hope you can get the drainage sorted.........shame you can't make a Well at the end of the channel....no water butts needed...
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 27-08-2012, 06:26 PM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Cue the Toms View Post
                    I think noticed one or two gaps in your brassica netting that you need to deal with if you want any return on your hard work, if I'm not mistaken?
                    There are a couple of gaps in the netting on bed 1, but as it was thrown together pretty much at the last minute I'm quite happy with it for now.

I am planning on making a couple more frames with the blue piping next weekend so that should hopefully solve the problem.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, and yes, I do have quite a broad accent don't I?

When I went to University in London no one could understand me at first, so my accent has softened considerably since then, believe it or not!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                      I'm glad you enjoyed the video, and yes, I do have quite a broad accent don't I?
                      When I went to University in London no one could understand me at first, so my accent has softened considerably since then, believe it or not!
                      Andy
                      Take no notice Andy, I could understand you - but then, I'm Welsh

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        Great vid Andy, I hope you can get the drainage sorted.........shame you can't make a Well at the end of the channel....no water butts needed...
                        Thanks BigM. Glad you liked it.

Hopefully the channel will cope well with the rain we have had here tonight, and we can lay a bed of loose stone around a 4" pipe along the length of it to aid the water flow.

One of the first things we asked about when we took the plot on was a well as there is no water supply to the site, but that is something that is forbidden, apparently.

Then again, if I dig a deep enough test pit ........

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                          Thanks BigM. Glad you liked it.

Hopefully the channel will cope well with the rain we have had here tonight, and we can lay a bed of loose stone around a 4" pipe along the length of it to aid the water flow.

One of the first things we asked about when we took the plot on was a well as there is no water supply to the site, but that is something that is forbidden, apparently.

Then again, if I dig a deep enough test pit ........

Andy
                          Waste not want not........
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

just a thought,if you are allowed to collect water,how about a pump to get to a barrel ext,sink a small 1 firstso water is kept cleaner,bilge pumps from a chandlers are good,put something over to stop anyone stepping into it for safty,or a small shed over a well
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Chris
                              Oy you, do you want to start a war lol

TBH his accent isn't that strong in my opinion!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X