Logistical nightmare!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
    Is there any reason you can't split the new plot and offer them the option of keeping their original half plot, plus taking on a second half plot, if they would prefer that?
    I don't know.......I'm in hiding!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I can see where you are coming from and I was told when I took on my plot that I could have half of it if I wanted. However I was very keen to become self sufficient in my veggie provision etc and wanted to lay down the plot for the future years. I'd have been less keen to spend the time (and money) that I did in preparing it if it was a half sized plot that I knew I'd want to move on from in the near future and that somebody else would have got that benefit. In my first few months I spent many many hours strimming, digging, layout out etc and had already got 12 No 10' by 4' permanent beds plus a fruit area. If it had been on a "started plot" then I'd have been unable to have done this and to be honest would have been rather reluctant to have taken a plot on on that basis. However, I'd have been quite happy to take on my current plot on a probationary basis as I'd have been confident that I could show real progress that I, rather than somebody else, would have been able to benefit from.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Another problem i can forsee is, if you have permanent half plots and a half plottee wants a full plot, it will NOT be on the land he/she originally spent money/time on cultivating. Someone else will reap that benefit.
        Likewise, you can't offer them the full plot as another half plottee will already be on the other half.
        Snadger - I started out with a half plot three years ago but soon realised that it wasn't big enough! I'd let the committee know ages ago that I wanted a full plot and last week was offered another half plot

Ok, it means that I have two separate half plots but they are quite near to one another so it isn't a problem to me. And at least I haven't "wasted" all my efforts on the original half plot.

Do you think that most people would turn down another half plot simply because it wasn't joined on to their original one?
        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Originally posted by ladylottie View Post
          Snadger - I started out with a half plot three years ago but soon realised that it wasn't big enough! I'd let the committee know ages ago that I wanted a full plot and last week was offered another half plot

Ok, it means that I have two separate half plots but they are quite near to one another so it isn't a problem to me. And at least I haven't "wasted" all my efforts on the original half plot.

Do you think that most people would turn down another half plot simply because it wasn't joined on to their original one?
          I'm glad you got, and are happy with another half plot.

Surely the the idea though at our sites is to lower the waiting lists and the half plots are to be for probationers/newbies and for them to be given full plots when they become available?
          In your scenario, we would have a hotchpotch of half plots and everyone dotted around willy nilly?
          Not wanting to deprive you of your second half plot ladylottie, but unless you have no waiting list the second half plot should surely have been offered to someone on the waiting list I would have thought?

The way I would see it working is.....we have 40 full plots..........we have a waiting list of 14.
          Split the next 7 plots that become available (by more or less, depending on the waiting list at the time) into half plots to reduce the waiting list to zero.
          From then on, and only if their was no waiting list,as half plots are vacated they would be offerd to existing half plottee's!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Our plots have automatically been split into two when they become available for the last few years, however this year the council have decided a half plot is now a full plot and a full plot is now a double plot, they have done this so they can split the old half plots into quarters to reduce the list.Now I can see it will reduce the list but you really dont have muh room to grow a lot,as I quickly run out of space on a half plot so would have been stumped on a quarter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X