Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to carry your harvest home?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night I went to water the allotment and whilst there noticed a handful (maybe less actually) of raspberries on my bushes and also the tayberries at the back of the plot.

Now, what can I carry them home in...?

Looked in the car boot. Nothing.

Glovebox. Nothing.

Back seat. Nothing.

Bugger.

Then opened up one of the 'secret' compartments in the boot and found the 'wrapping' from the windbreak we bought last week. Essentially a celophane 'tube'.

I tied a knot in it and went back to the tayberries.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowminx View Post
      For small amounts of fruit like currants I use old playdoh pots.
      Hummous pots & chinese takeaway containers (try the pound shops) are good too: I keep a supply in the shed
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        Then opened up one of the 'secret' compartments in the boot and found the 'wrapping' from the windbreak we bought last week. Essentially a celophane 'tube'.

I tied a knot in it and went back to the tayberries.
        Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe you could market that..............Make a fortune it might...........

Comment

The allotment veteran who always gives us stuff offered me some strawbs the other day but didn't have anything to put them in. He came back later with a plastic punnett full saying he'd got it from someone elses shed He's a generous old codger so I think he gets away with more

Comment

strawberries travel best cushioned in my ample stomach,most other things go into tie handle food bags suspiciously like the ones they provide at the vegtable aisle in my local supermarket,everything then goes into a "recycled" supermarket shopping basket.
            my wife tends to carry the raspberries,not sure where they go though as they never seem to make it to the car
            plastic supermarket baskets look remarkably large capacity trugs and are wipe clean too
            Last edited by snakeshack; 07-07-2010, 11:14 PM. Reason: spelling
            don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
            remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Carrier bags for spuds, onions, beetroot (all the soily stuff). Then peas, beans etc on top. Soft fruit in margarine tubs or ice-cream tubs or mushroom punnets. Ice cream tubs - 1 and 2 litre size are perfect for the freezer too, as well as take-away containers. In an emergency ... any kind of receptacle I have to hand!

Comment

I have a fab old fashioned basket I use but I wont let OH put the potatoes in there he has to carry them in a platic bucket/trug type thing.In my basket I keep my floristry scissors and knive for picking and a smaller tub for soft fruit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X