No announcement yet.

Top Seedling Tips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use old fridge shelves over seed beds to keep the squirrels/foxes/cats/any other digging beasties off until the plants are big enough to fight back.

Comment

I have made frames up from blue water pipe and battens. They are made to fit on my raised beds. I just move them to where I need them & drape whatever covering is needed - clear plastic, enviromesh, bird proof netting or fleece.
      www.losingtheplot.blogspot.com

Comment

I had an old clothes airer that i bent in half then covered with strong polythene, works well as a cloche, also a three tiered hanging vegetable rack ( no where to hang it in new kitchen ) now gets used as a 3 tier hanging basket!!

Comment

Was taking apart my daughters wooden drawers ( the bits in the middle of drawers were falling through ) and noticed that the front and sides of the actual drawers are a perfect size for raised beds in my border area!! a little bit of weathershield paint and i have ready made mini raised beds!! The main frame i will convert into run for my rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaK View Post
            I have made frames up from blue water pipe and battens. They are made to fit on my raised beds. I just move them to where I need them & drape whatever covering is needed - clear plastic, enviromesh, bird proof netting or fleece.
            Did you use new pipe or can you suggest a source for secondhand/seconds

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by janetc View Post
              Did you use new pipe or can you suggest a source for secondhand/seconds

Thanks in advance
              either....used is better as its usually free try peeking in skips or wandering past building sites smiling nicely or ask on your local freecycle group

if you have to buy new try a proper builders yard as its cheaper, tends to be expensive on the postage from the web
              Last edited by Hans Mum; 04-04-2010, 07:33 AM.
              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X