No announcement yet.

I've got one!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments! I've got a BIG grin on my face! I can't believe how knackered this cold has left me - 24hrs in bed on Saturday - a whole day wasted! sun was shining all the time, so I believe!
    Rather pleased with my efforts yesterday - but by 1pm was shaking like a leaf and "glowing well" in "ladies" terms! Back in bed by 2pm - and not the growing sort either!
    Your comments have given me a boost, and can't wait to get going again when I get back from my hols - having a rest now, don't want to be too tired for my hols!!!.
    Will be in touch! Ta ta for now. DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Here's a couple of photos of my lottie - more or less finished!

I need to burn the remains of the blackcurrant bush you can see, and to the side of the shed where the black plastic is, I am planning on having a little patio, so I can sit and admire all my efforts!

The three beds nearest "Dexters Den" (coming towards you) have got my potatoes in and the bed furthest away from "Dexters Den" diagonally has got my garlic and onions in.

All my other seedlings I have planted are in my greenhouse at home.

I also decided to try putting straw down for paths, as mentioned in GYO magazine. If it doesnt work then so be it, but by then should have some pennies for bark chippings.

I have to say, looking back at what it looked like when I started, even I'm impressed! LOL

Bernie aka Dexterdog
      Attached Files
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Wow!! Very, very impressed Bernie! Your plot is looking fab, and piccies are great too! I know you must be feeling really proud, and justifiably so, well done with all the hard work, and hope all your crops grow and give a huge bumper harvest!

Think the other plotholders must be very impressed with the difference too!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

well done Bernie, you have made a big difference. Bet you'l enjoy the fruits of your labour even more for knowing they've had such a good start.

Comment

Blimey Bernie that looks fabulous!! Well done you and in such a short length of time. Very impressive!!
            [

Comment

Thank you ladies! Yes, I am rather proud (I'm sat here beaming from ear to ear!!).

What makes it even more special is the Vine and being able to share what I've done with everyone else. I really appreciate your comments.

It goes to show, as it does with your pics Mrs D - that even though your lottie when you take it on may look horrible, with a little hard work you can achieve what you want.

Thinking of naming my little plot "heaven" because that's what it is!

Bernie aka Dexterdog (still beaming from ear to ear!) LOL
              Bernie aka DDL

Comment

I've just looked back at your earlier pics Bernie - no wonder you're well chuffed! I think a G&T on that patio is called for!
                I agree about sharing things with the vine. It also reminds me when I should be doing things!
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

thank you Flummery! It's nice when someone else appreciates all your hard work. I need to get the "patio" sorted out next. Bernie aka Dexterdog
                  Bernie aka DDL

Comment

ddl your plot looks fantastic Very very inspiring. So inspiring in fact that I have just emailed the local council to ask for a list of availabe plots. I know they have some and I also know how badly overgrown they are

Comment

well done serenity! suggest you follow up with a phone call as my local council dont do reply emails! then you can really get moving! You could also try wandering around one the site aka Eternal Sunshine and maybe that will do the trick! Good luck! Looking forward to seeing how you get on. Best wishes Bernie aka Dexterdog
                      Bernie aka DDL

Comment

DDL, what have you DONE ?! I'm 'blown away' looking at those pictures and what you've achieved. You are going to have one hell of a lovely growing season this year!, and don't you just deserve every inch of it....
                        I know what you're saying with erecting the patio, to enjoy looking at the fruits of your labour, that's why I've positioned the table and chairs underneath the rusty arbour in the centre of my potager. I can have breakfast out there every morning, with the sun on my face, admiring my efforts, surrounded by all those beautiful flowers and vegetables...., it will be the only 'sitting down' I get to do all day long, and I shall make it my very own special time. I wish that joy for you too...

Comment

Thank you SO much wellie! Tell you what, we'll have to get in touch with each other when we are sat on "our patios, complete with a G&T". Your kind words are very much appreciated! Love Bernie aka Dexterdog
                          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

DDL,
                            I'm afraid a G&T for breakfast is a tad too early for me honey! But I get your drift! I promise to 'sit down under my arbour with a G&T' at a more reasonable hour during the summer, and toast 'a moment shared'...!

Comment

I've just had two peices of Toast
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                                I've just had two peices of Toast
                                I couldn't have done it without your help and advice Nick either! Many thanks! Do you have butter and jam on your toast? Bernie aka Dexterdog
                                Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X