Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your kind comments everyone! Snadger - have you tried e-bay? DDL
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Well done DDL - great pics. Now you know how to do it, keep us up to date!
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
        Thanks for your kind comments everyone! Snadger - have you tried e-bay? DDL
        No DDL I haven't typed in as a search 'Mens Flourecent Orange Green Spotted Wellies'

But if you can find a pair of size 10's, you can send me a link!!!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Will have a look for you Snadger! DDL
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Wellie's

Had a similar problem, couldn;t find 11's for love nor money, but found
            http://www.grovelands.com all sizes of Dunlop's at £17.

Ordered Sunday, arrived today, and they fit my "rugby players calves"
            Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
            Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
            I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Congrats DDL, looks like you've done good, and I love the outfit - you won't get lost in the undergrowth wearing greeny-yallery!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                Had a similar problem, couldn;t find 11's for love nor money, but found
                http://www.grovelands.com all sizes of Dunlop's at £17.

Ordered Sunday, arrived today, and they fit my "rugby players calves"
                Ahhh but! The funky ones only go from size 4 to 8.... sheesh!!! Says he, wiping the sweat from his brow!!!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

update

Spent my first "proper" hours down at the lottie this afternoon - managed to get quite a large area, OK, small bit, dug over, well pleased! The soil looks really good and there are loads of worms! Some the size I've never seen before!
                  Other good news is, OH came home tonight with a new wheelbarrow for me! Yipee! Its sat in the lean to tonight, but come tomorrow will be taken down to the lottie and put straight into service!
                  Happiness is a lottie! DDL
                  Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Happiness is a lottie!
                    You can say that again, DDL! Went down yesterday afternoon to finish digging the last bed on our half plot, and it just felt so good to be down there.
                    http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
                      .......Some the size I've never seen before!.......
                      They're called snakes DDL

I'm hoping to get down this weekend and maybe even sow a row of early peas under cloches.
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

Well, here is a pic of my efforts so far -

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0277_00.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	2318409

These are the beds I made yesterday - nearly killed myself, what with my cold, but hey! I was enjoying myself! Ended back in bed 2pm yesterday! LOL DDL

PS Am actually really rather proud of my little self! Have never done anything like this before - and yes, some of the wood wasnt as straight as it should be (I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler!) but I've actually done it all on my little ownsome! Once I've put some more soil in there and done the paths, no one should be able to tell! LOL!
                        Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 19-02-2007, 05:58 PM.
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Thats no good DDL - I cant see a teapot at all Well done you and unlike mine not a weed in site
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Absolutely Brilliant DDL ! I'm sure you're just away with yourself. Can't wait to see all your stuff growing in there.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

WOW DDL - that looks fantastic and WELL DONE for doing it yourself. I know how hard that is as I have to do that as well. And sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you try to get the wood straight it never is! Been there done that and not got any straight lines of wood! But yours look great!

Hope the cold is better soon!
                              ~
                              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Good job there DDL! I prefer the not too straight look, tis more rustic!
                                Blessings
                                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                                Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                                Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                                On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X