No announcement yet.

need advice on dealing with plot holder

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surely if he hasn't signed anything and hasn't paid then him being there is trespassing, pure and simple?
    Singleton Allotments Society
    Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

• Well we waited an dwaited and waited but he didn't show up.

So as enough is enough we broke the lock off the shed and took all the stuff out (nothing exciting) we've put all his stuff in the chicken feed shed.

So now I'm going to change the letter and refer to the no show. He's still got the keys so we want him to collect his stuff so we can get them back. So i missed my son's cricket because of him. and he didn't even show.

Showed a family around todaya and got all their details and explained that an offer of a plot will be made by post, at least that way we can ensure people live where they say they live. Bristol is changing it's rules and people will have to live in the area to get a plot so we'll have to confirm the address of plot holders soon anyway.

Comment

• Our allotment society changed it's rulings about who rents when it was discovered that a person who lives in MILTON KEYNES rented a plot........Where is our allotments? WAREHAM in Dorset!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Guzzik View Post
          Our allotment society changed it's rulings about who rents when it was discovered that a person who lives in MILTON KEYNES rented a plot........Where is our allotments? WAREHAM in Dorset!!
          Bit of a walk with a Wheelbarrow then.!
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Guzzik View Post
            Our allotment society changed it's rulings about who rents when it was discovered that a person who lives in MILTON KEYNES rented a plot........Where is our allotments? WAREHAM in Dorset!!
            Allow I don't but any veg anymore and i'm in to GYO in as serious way, even I wouldn't travel that far

Comment

• I should say that one of the guys on the plot got so fed up that he took the door off the guys shed so we could clear it.

So there me writing the letter so it's all above board giving him 14 days to clear the shed and we've just ripped off the door. I have to admit though I did smile and thought that's the way to do it!

So the letter has to be reworded, as you didn't ........ we have cleared the shed......

Comment

• Originally posted by seasprout View Post
                Bit of a walk with a Wheelbarrow then.!
                Just a tad yes................Seems that they were upset when they were told they had lost it. They reckoned they were ok for the allotment coz they came down to Wareham once a year for a month or two and it helped them chill out..................................

Comment

• We have to live within the town boundry to be able to have allotments in our area, even the next villages cant have them anymore, they can only have the ones in their villages if they have any that is.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

• Finally pleased to see that this saga is coming to a satisfactory end.
                    Milton Keynes to Wareham? Heck of a trip when you need an onion.
                    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Just an update,

We have heard nothing fom the strange chap. I sent a letter by recorded delivery to his Mothers address and as far as I'm concerned the matter closed. S/services are doing there bit so that's good. I doubt we'll ever get the keys back but we've put another lock on both gates.

I have already shown a couple of people around the site and said that his plot will be available.

I have to admit it was a bit stressful and frustrating that so much of my time was wasted sorting the issues out when I should have been working on my plot.

Comment

• You've had your work cut out with this bloke haven't you? A real incentive to insist on written contracts and payment for a year up front eh?
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                          You've had your work cut out with this bloke haven't you? A real incentive to insist on written contracts and payment for a year up front eh?
                          Too right, I've printed of the form for new tenents to sign which also has the rules of the site. I've really nagged the chairman about getting people details. We are also going to offer people plots by post so we can confirm they live in the area.

It was a bit more interesting than dealing with the moans and groans of "18 inch paths" but I'll be happy for some of that now.

Comment

• Originally posted by marathon View Post
                            So there me writing the letter so it's all above board giving him 14 days to clear the shed and we've just ripped off the door.
                            Nah, don't worry ... it's been awful windy of late
                            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 04-09-2009, 07:16 PM.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by two_sheds View Post
                              nah, don't worry ... It's been awful windy of late

:d :d :d.......

Comment

• Utterley bizarre. Look out for this story coming to a cinema near you soon Seriously though, you are a star Marathon - and I hope the old folks will be rescued by social services - if they need it.
                                All at once I hear your voice
                                And time just slips away
                                Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X