scaffolding boards

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scaffolding boards

does it matter if they're covered in plaster etc?

Well if it does, it didnt stop me using them for raised beds and the veg still tastes great.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I knocked as much of the debris stuff off as I could then then painted them to look nicer. Not dead yet.......

Comment

there's some guy selling them for Ł2 each on ebay but his ad and his replies to the questions are so odd that i'm not sure he's genuine

he's offering free gifts with each order (tins of cat food, blue movies, tampax??)
        and his replies are really political or just downright strange!!

Comment

Great...I love strange people.

If they are covered in plaster that is good as it it Gypsum and good for breaking down Clay soil.

Concrete will make the soil a bit acid but it shouldn't cause problmes.

The only one I would worry about is oil.

I would give them a bang togather and brush with a broom to getthe worst off.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

He is bonkers isn't he?.... Definitely a pole short of the full allotment.....

chrisc

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
              he's offering free gifts with each order (tins of cat food, blue movies, tampax??)

Make you wonder....Hey darling never guess what I got you for your birthday...a tin of cat food a dirty movie and a box of tampax.
              My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

mad seller on ebay

I had some boards delivered a couple of weeks ago by the mad seller on ebay
                good quality boards, he was full of advice for building beds and a realy nice man dont be put off, he delivers at a reasonable cost too.

Comment

Originally posted by caitnrosies mum View Post
                  I had some boards delivered a couple of weeks ago by the mad seller on ebay
                  good quality boards, he was full of advice for building beds and a realy nice man dont be put off, he delivers at a reasonable cost too.
                  any clue how much delivery is? obviously we live in different regions but only a matter of 10 miles or so.. i did ask if he'd do free delivery but he emailed me back telling me i was so cheeky i must be an MP or something like that

Comment

Yes I had forty boards delivered a few weeks back, he gives some funny replies to questions on ebay, especially silly ones. Top chap, good boards, would certainly buy from again.

Comment

where do i find this guy?

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                        where do i find this guy?
                        -----> Scaffolding Boards on eBay, also, Scaffolding Ladders, Building Materials Supplies, Business, Office Industrial (end time 14-Jul-09 21:37:55 BST)

http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I've just looked at his site. Sadly London delivery doesn't look promising but the site cheered me up no end. He's now offering a moat cleaning service!

Comment

The chap I bought my boards from is on ebay, based in Speak Merseyside. Just keep looking on ebay and I'm sure you will find someone near enough to your location to deliver. If you only want a small number, see if you know of anyone else who wants some, you could split the cost of delivery, plus although a lot of them say pick up only if you buy enough boards they are more inclined to say yes to delivery, all be it with an added charge.
                            Keep lookin, best of luck.

Comment

Wow, I am only 5 minutes away from Speke! Many thanks. I will give him a call tomorrow.
                              The grapevine comes thru' again.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X