Grapes Allotments - Before And After

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

We got our half plot in march 2009 it was mainly grass and had not been worked for a couple of years.

We get the other half in Jan as the lovely man who has it thinks we have worked really hard this year and is going to let us work it He has a full plot a couple of plots along.

Big plans for the next season

My photos are on the link down at the bottom
    http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Great pictures, Pipkin - you have been working hard - you should be very proud of your efforts!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Snadger dont open the photos

I went from this at the end of May
        Attached Files

Comment

To this,there is a lot of bare ground due to me being a bit nieve (sp) plus i wanted to get the beds down
          Attached Files

Comment

It looks fab, bare ground or not Well done, loads of hard work gone into that! If you fancy a little jaunt up to the Yorkshire Dales, I've got a few beds that could do with some decent edging...

Comment

I took this last week afer we had almost finished edging the beds with recycled fence panels and laying carpet for paths
              Attached Files
              The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
              VISIT MY WEBSITE TO HELP KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN AFTER A DAY ON THE PLOT
              http://www.thesoappatisserie.co.uk

Comment

New allotment

I got my allotment in late Feb, spent a couple of weekends digging it over and it's now ready for the season. Here are the before and after shots to show how great it looks!
                Attached Files

Comment

We're getting there ... slowly. I've chosen to edge lots of smaller beds for lots of reasons - 1) I generally do all the digging, planting and weeding on my own so managing things in smaller chunks appeals to me 2) the kids know exactly where they can and cannot walk and 3) I can find materials to cover them over easily in the winter which will hopefully lead to less digging and weeding!

First pic is Jan 2010 and second pic is after 10 hours hard graft last weekend

Next job will be putting up the shed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

it doesnt look like a plot

this is what i have taken on
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by hawthorns; 25-04-2010, 07:26 PM.
                    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

Well on the plus side - it is a blank canvas. Oooh - they look like fruit trees! Are they? You've got a lot potential there. Lovely big plot.

Comment

Our half plot - before and after

Hiya,
                        we got our plot this year beginning of March.

Since then we have had half day every weekend to spend on the plot.

Please ignore all the weeds getting out of hand, instead concentrate on the lovely tatties flowering, the beans now taking off and flowering too, the gorgeous pea pods we started to harvest, the flowers in the foreground attracting the bees, and the grassy bit getting ready for some summer picnics.
                        Attached Files
                        http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

I got my plot about 2 weeks ago and like most new plots I guess was pretty overgrown. I took some pics before any work started as I think it is always great to see how much you have achieved.

I have a triangular shaped plot which is quite unusual but I love it. As I posted in my intro, I did some SFG in my back garden this year and am looking forward to trying that on a larger scale on the allotment, but really I am just going to try stuff and see what works and learn as I go whilst enjoying the tranquillity and nature.

Anyway, so as not to stray too far off topic, here are some pics of my newly acquired plot..

My new plot looking North to South.

My new plot looking South to North

Looking towards the North East corner of my triangular plot.
                          "One who plants a garden, plants happiness."

Comment

And the results of a day's work carried out my myself and some friends and family enticed by the offer of a BBQ.....

Compare to first North to South picture.

The perspective in this pic does not do justice to how much was cleared, also what looks like an overgrown area to the right is a pile of cut nettles, brambles and blackberry bush. Compare to previous South to North pic.

Towards NE corner from South corner

Comment

Great work there Mr PH!
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                                Great work there Mr PH!
                                Thank you, we had a great day and all really enjoyed ourselves. I am back at work now for 6 days and can't stop thinking about getting back down to the allotment.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X