Puzzled

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    We have an 'old guy' on our site who only makes an appearance three times a year!

Once to rotovate and plant, once to harvest (if he can be bothered) and once when he gets a letter telling him to clean his plot (usually arrives with a strimmer)

He MAY be getting his marching orders this year though!
    Isn't that the ultimate in time management though? For the amount of time he puts in, he must have quite a good harvest.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

I dont know what the situation is on your site, but when I was offered mine the lady from the council said that she would put the papers in the post. That was quite a few weeks ago now and i still dont have them. It was only that I asked if I could make a start before receiving the documents that they said yes of course. Maybe these people dont realise that the papers could take a while to come and they can begin work before they arrive.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Nope its a self managed site and he was given the plot straight away.
        We will wait and see, there are a few every year that take a plot and give up because they dont realisejust how much work they are.

Comment

When Kenscarecrow and I got our plot five years ago, it hadn't been worked for four years! It was full of Docks like trees, thistles, nettles grass etc. I stood in the middle and Kenscarecrow could just see the top of my head . (no I'm not vertically challenged...well, not much) I got nettle stings on my chin whilst exploring. It seemed daunting but we got stuck in right away and strimmed//axed down to ground level, which imediately made us feel we had achieved alot. Within a week we had a patch cultivated and veg planted...leeks donated by a neighbour.
          I think every site has its share of folk who "talk a good garden"!! We have one bloke who regularly tells us what he has harvested but there is no sign of anything growing on his plot. Hmm. Cheers!
          I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X