No announcement yet.

1st Plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if it's been posted before or if you've seen it but we are using www.growveg.com It lets you draw your plot and beds and than add the veg you want. It then tells you the spacing you should have between plants and how many of each you need for the space you've said you want to cover with them. It's got a 30 day free trial so we're gettign as much done ase we can now so we don't have to pay the £15 a year. BUT if you do pay it will e-mail you reminders when things in your plan need sowing, planting out and harvesting.
    "When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
    So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!" Brian O'Rourke

Comment

Thanks bob, that website (growveg) is great. - It definately helped me get a real idea of where I want everything. I have printed off my plans and put them in a shiny new folder labelled 'Allotment Plans' - how sad am I?!

One day I will acctually get around to carrying out some of these plans . . . . . .
      Tori

Comment

Well, if you're a saddie Tori that makes two of us. My seed packets are strewn all over the dining room table and have been since last night when I started to look out what I need first. The next job was to use excel to make a garden plan but thanks to BB I can do a proper right 'un AND put it in a folder. I always used to make a specific little diary every year (mainly for flowers though) with all the details of plantings and how they did so that I could refer the next year to what did well and what I should just not bother with. I have already got a smaller version for last years veggies so I know where things were and how they did in readiness for this year. What with that and the cardmaking and the grandchildren, there just doesn't seem like enough time for housework. Good job I have a laid back other half.!!!
        And -- well done with the plot BB. It looks like you have worked very hard on it. Hope it gives you years of enjoyment.
        Last edited by Sanjo; 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I have the spreadsheet and the excell and, and ,

i am still going out tomorrow for a new diary, might be a computer geek, but i still prefer hardcopy for stuff like this, that i can fill in as i go.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
            I have the spreadsheet and the excell and, and ,

i am still going out tomorrow for a new diary, might be a computer geek, but i still prefer hardcopy for stuff like this, that i can fill in as i go.
            Surprised you haven't got a Blackberry bride
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Have just had a lovely play around with Beetroot Bob's growveg.com site and it was brilliant. It has, however, pointed out that I cannot grown everything I want for lack of space. I shall just have to move them closer together I suppose. It was a lot of fun and simple to use but after the first free 30 days I'm not sure that I would pay out £15 for a years subscription, although you do seem to get the benefit of a problem page. Well worth a look at if you are at a loose end and champing at the bit while this cold snap is on!!
              Last edited by Sanjo; 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjo View Post
                Have just had a lovely play around with Beetroot Bob's growveg.com site and it was brilliant. It has, however, pointed out that I cannot grown everything I want for lack of space. I shall just have to move them closer together I suppose. It was a lot of fun and simple to use but after the first free 30 days I'm not sure that I would pay out £15 for a years subscription, although you do seem to get the benefit of a problem page. Well worth a look at if you are at a loose end and champing at the bit while this cold snap is on!!
                Being a techie geek I've got loads of e-mail addresses to sign up with when my free trial runs out

Glad you like it.

PS - My plan (Version 9999.10) is now printed out and will be laminadted and stuck to the wall of the shed when it's finalised

PPS - First dig was finished on boxing day (good job as it's been frozen solid ever since) and ground left rough for the frost to do it's work. when it warms up a bit it'll get a second dig and riddle for the root beds. No rest the for wicked :-)
                Last edited by Beetroot Bob; 05-01-2009, 01:33 AM.
                "When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
                So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!" Brian O'Rourke

Comment

Good idea Batman (sorry Beetroot Bob!!). Great minds etc. That's what I told my daughter this a.m. that we should do when the 30 days run out. Hope they don't rumble us all!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X