No announcement yet.

Neighbours nicking my raspberries!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like your neighbour is loosing her marbles a bit! Ah well takes all sorts to make the world go round! Nevermind just say to her 'sorry I had to take some of the canes back cos I wanted them for my garden' - if she gets the hump thats her problem!
    Hope it all smoothes over.
    Tori

Comment

I think good fences make good neighbours.
      You stay on your side and they stay on theirs.
      The fences might be metaphorical, so better not to tell people to help themselves to anything. If you want to give them somethng, ask them to come while you are there and you will give to them.
      Likewise, if somebody said to me "help yourself" I wouldn't take anything, would only take it if they actually gave it to me.
      I'm old school, but it does make for good relations with neighbours.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I have told all my fellow allotmenteers if there is anything on my plot they need,and I dont, they only have to ask!
        I am quite prepared to give anything away I do not need
        I have also warned them if they are caught on my plot when I am not there they will be in bother...Fair Play to all!!!!!

Comment

Hi

OMG I would be totally peed and I would be screaming about it around the allotment and would defo get the committe to have a word.
          Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Comment

What a cheek! I mean there is take the suckers and taking grown raspberry canes, these people must have known what they were doing...........I would leave a note secured to their shed or gate in plastic, explaining whats gone on.
            It is technically theft and if it had happened on my site, it would have been reported to the council. You reminded me of a story.

3 years a man who had a lottie was leaving to move to london, he advertised his shed and greenhouse for sale and when sold, started preparing to move. He had not given the lottie up as he was taking his time to leave. I saw people digging up his rosebushes, taking clematis, rhubard, old carpet, fencing off of his allotment. I was horrified how people can act........

People sometimes do not think that what they are doing is wrong and need to be told. I hope that you can 'mend' your relationship with your neighbours as you will be working side by side with one another..........ascertain why they dumped the cabbage and sprout stalks on your lottie.

Good luck
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X