Should I get an allotment?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sez,
    I'd say a lovely loud YES to an allotment!! I also grew veg in my back garden and started running out of space, every time my hubby came home my raised bed was getting bigger and bigger until I knew I couldn't take any more off the garden. And so came the containers! Anything and everything was used, it was my friend that suggested we get an allotment together - which we did and I've never looked back. I've had trouble with depression in the past and last year decided I wanted to stop taking prozac once and for all, well, my allotment has given me more pleasure and smiles than I could have dreamed of. I'm not being daft honest, there is just something about being at one with nature that is the best tonic in the world and the prozac can take a run and jump now!! I just don't need it, I've got mother nature keeping me happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Eden View Post
      and the prozac can take a run and jump now!! I just don't need it, I've got mother nature keeping me happy!
      That is really good to hear Eden
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

thanks piskieinboots!

Comment

Sez, if you do get a lottie, can you post us some before and after shots?

Comment

TheGrosvenorStPlot

I Only got my lottie in december...i had never ever grown anything in my life the lottie was over grown & neglected but now its looking good even got my first seedlings.....i wouldnt change it for anything now love it and its prob the best hobie i've done ... i'm same age as you almost (25) so i hope you pass your driving test and get a lottie...........Good luck..... BWFC

Comment

It's the best thing I ever did.
              Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Yes, me too
                Sue

Comment

go for it. I am chair of an allotment group in Scunthorpe and would only be too happy to show you round our site and discuss the pros and cons of allotmenteering. Have a look at our web site (My Community Website provided by ik Software and BT.)
                  You can contact me at;
                  barry.cottiss@ntlworld.com.
                  Get on now as its planting time!!!!!!

Comment

You should definitely do it. It's right up there with getting married and having kids as the best thing I ever did.

I have to say that although there are a couple of old male stalwarts willing to share their experiences, mostly the plotholders are (young-ish) mothers like myself at our allotment site. The waiting lists in our area are full, so I would get your name down now while you are thinking whether to do it or not, then hopefully you will have made your decision by the time a plot comes up.

You can't beat the fresh air, tea out of a flask in your own shed when the rain falls down, the munching on strawberries as you go lifestyle. Or was I born "retired" !!!

Love
                    Elizabeth
                    xx

Comment

thanks for all the encouragement folks, I've now contacted neighbourhood services who said they've added my name to the list (no indication of wait time though hmm), and emailed Barry from above.. fingers crossed!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X