Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow i go to my first allotment AGM.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happens, dont volunteer for any official role. You end up getting all the whingers moaning to you every you visit your plot.

Sorry for sounding negative, but it really spoilt my allotmenteering for several years.

good luck

Burnzie

Comment

Let us know how you get on minty.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Burnzie View Post
        Whatever happens, dont volunteer for any official role. You end up getting all the whingers moaning to you every you visit your plot.

Sorry for sounding negative, but it really spoilt my allotmenteering for several years.

good luck

Burnzie
        That is true Burnzie, but we have a waiting list now so we just say "OK we accept your resignation you've got a month to shift your crap" ... that works
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Minty... Minty... where art thou? Comatose from the deadly dull details? Or upended in your compost heap for serious sedition?

We worry, you know!
          I was feeling part of the scenery
          I walked right out of the machinery
          My heart going boom boom boom
          "Hey" he said "Grab your things
          I've come to take you home."

Comment

We do..We do...
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

The NEW ...............allotment Chairman/Secretary/Treasurer/Committee member???????????

C'mon Minty, the suspense is killing me..........
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Its Saturday night, he'll be down the pub! (No-one mention football btw).....
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                  Its Saturday night, he'll be down the pub! (No-one mention football btw).....
                  Oh that sounds a Good place to be on a sturday night PUB
                  Minty hello sending out serch party to cyberspace,
                  Smile and the world smiles with you

Comment

I used to think that democracy and voting was a good thing... until I went to an allotment AGM.
                    me: a newbie, a blonde, and a woman, all rolled into one ... having an OPINION????
                    now shut up and go make the tea, dear.
                    I always have a prior engagement now
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                      me: a newbie, a blonde, and a woman, all rolled into one ... having an OPINION????
                      It's a wonder they didn't go into remission...I am well versed in this approach - I was a Civil Engineer for 14 years, until I was about 32ish - and soon learnt never make the tea, so stopped drinking it and only started up again a couple of years ago when I moved in with my OH...i learnt that if you don't drink it, you only have to make it once, very very badly, to never be asked again.

I steer clear of anything like that now; committees included. As soon as you have rules, people want to break them.

Comment

I have only just got my allotment and we have meetings every last sunday of the month in a hut, I was looking forward to the one today as I haven't been to one before but it was called off due to illness of the secretary I think so will have to wait til the next one which should be on as the rents are due - hope the OP is found

Comment

Oh you caring old souls, you make me feel quite warm inside, you really do care dont you .
                          Really was an anti climax as the main antagonist did not turn up.So no bloodshed, loose molars,flailing walking sticks or stress induced bladder weakness .
                          Sorry for the late reply but got struck down with a sever bout of hangover on Sunday morning(theres a lot of it about you know) and only just really recovered .
                          Sorry i have no more to tell you ,
                          Minty X
                          " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                            you make me feel quite warm inside,
                            Minty X
                            That'll be heartburn Minty - a leftover from Saturday night.
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
                              That'll be heartburn Minty - a leftover from Saturday night.
                              Oh Wayne, ive never been so poorly. It certainly put me off beer for...........minutes .
                              Minty
                              " If it tastes like chicken THEN EAT CHICKEN " :- Kermit The Frog

http://mohicans-allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                                got struck down with a sever bout of hangover Minty X
                                Thats me all over, im afraid.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X