No announcement yet.

Allotment spy camera recommendation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the original question... it probably isn't picking up many images as you've got it inside (from what i read from your first post?). Behind glass? If that's the case i don't think it will trigger regularly if at all.

I had a Crenova one off Amazon that worked a treat for well over a year. It then went a bit funny so they sent me another one. Great customer service but the night vision wasn't as good as the original one. I complained so they sent a third one... also not as good as the original but all three are fine in the daylight and the replacement ones are all fine in the dark but not as good as the first one.

Comment

I friend of mine used a dash camera with a car battery for a while.
      I'm not sure whether he still uses this though.

You could always obscure a camera inside a bird box. Just make sure the bird box is theft proof.

Comment

I have a Victure HC200 Trail Camera which works really well, it's motion sensitive and most of the footage is just me wandering aimlessly doing jobs. It is also infared and I do get the odd interesting one at night and got a good owl one a couple of weeks ago. I noticed last card change that the batteres have run out and not got round to replacing them, they have lasted since November 2019 and ths 32mg card gives you about 3 weeks of footage. I have had a few problems with vandalism and now leave everything open as all the padlocks on all the sheds have been smashed off. One very well protected shed that had a proper front door on had part of the roof taken off to gain access to a pile of firewood. The owner doesn't bother to go up there any more. I have filled all the access points with blackthorn and barbed wire after the last incursion when stuff was just thrown about and a bag of grass seed was scattered in all my greenhouse pots, which seems to have been affective. I know who the culprits are and had the community police pay a visit, they were told to F off and were accused of victimisation. No real answer but since the camera was installed I have nothing to report.

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
          There are some pretty stringent rules about filming people without their consent in public spaces.....
          FYI Anyone (Including the police) can be filmed in a public space, no consent is needed

Comment

The rules, in a public space, are only stringent if you intend to use the pictures or videos in publications or websites. There's lots of myths around what you are, and more so what you are not allowed to film and take pictures of.
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up!
              He-Pep!

Comment

A sign on the site gate stating 24 hour wildlife filming in operation here should do the trick, in as much as it should put thieves off and it should cover you.
                I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X