Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plot 10....Gilly's Midlife Crisis or a Fun Summer Project?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ever fancied keeping a couple of pigs for a few months, then now's your chance - they'd soon have it dug over for you.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      One is normal, 2 is a challenge, 3 is just nuts!!
      The other plot that was available was one I call Horsetail Central I remember seeing it a couple of years ago and just about every inch was covered. Bill said a few people have taken it on but soon given it up

I declined that one For now......
      If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

You're not that Nuts - or that desperate to keep up with Greenleaves and his aim of allotment world domination.

Comment

No.....I think two will do for now Gives me space for more heritage veg and my chooks

Bill had better not change his mind.....tho' I don't think he will as nobody else has offered to take on that shanty town plot Even at the normal rent of £37 a year it's a bargain IMO.
          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
            If you ever fancied keeping a couple of pigs for a few months, then now's your chance - they'd soon have it dug over for you.
            Only two problems with that one.....don't think we're allowed pigs and.....I'd have them for life as pampered pets as I couldn't bear to eat them!

Comment

I quickly glimpsed before and thought you were a nutter but looking and reading it is fantastic. Maybe a little mad but no more than the rest of us

On a side note animals with split hooves require movement papers and various other legislation, it is a pita.
              Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 16-04-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Go for it Gilly, make it yours . A couple of hours with a sharp azada would have the tops off the weeds.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Woohoo Very sexy plot Gilly. I'd take that on! Definitely.
                  https://beingbears.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    One is normal, 2 is a challenge, 3 is just nuts!!
                    I agree with that comment,i got as far as 2.5 a few years ago.

Go Gilly go,show em what your made off,good luck to you.
                    i look back now and so pleased we did what we did,whilst we could.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Awwww thanks everyone

The more I look at the photos the more I am champing at the bit to get stuck in!!!

Hopefully Bill won't get his lads to go on with a skip and rip out the buildings and two greenhouses BEFORE ringing me to show me around a bare empty plot because I'd like to inspect them first and see if they're salvagable (which I think they are!).....like small pumpkin said - you can never have too many sheds & chicken houses.

I think I'll go along to the council office and leave a wee note for Bill saying I've had a good look at the plot from outside and yes, I definitely want it and won't change my mind but to let me check out the buildings etc BEFORE bulldozing them all off Either that or pop back in to speak to him personally (poor chap will be sick of the sight of me )

Comment

Well......I'm positively BOUNCING

Neil decided to change our mobile network and when the new sim cards arrived he changed them over so I now have a new mobile phone number (darn...just as I was getting used to the one I've had for the past few years LOL).

So I popped in to see Bill again this morning to give him my new mobile number and, if he was in, to tell him to PLEASE let me check out the buildings on my new plot before getting the council lads in to demolish them. Well, I emphasised that I DEFINITELY wanted this plot and could see the potential to turn it into a lovely place and he agreed. He said he'd spoken to the lads yesterday and it would be after Easter but they'd ring me and have me there on site with them to check everything out and any decisions would be up to me

So my buildings are safe *phew* If they're rotten inside and/or dangerous I'll get them taken out but from the check I did around the back yesterday they're solid wood and corrugated metal sheets and nothing that a bit of TLC and paint won't fix

I'm happy happy HAPPY!!!!!!! I can now relax and get on with sowing seeds and continuing to work on my original allotment in the meantime.

Comment

Whoops!!! Neil saw some of the photos I took and asked why I had pictures of the plot opposite ours.....so I had to confess
                          Well, I expected him to umm and aah and give me the usual guff about not having time to have two allotments etc etc but he totally flipped!!! Said we couldn't afford to fix it up (?) and the usual blah blah blah to which I replied if he didn't keep changing his ***** mind about building a shed/not building a shed I'd be able to crack on with stuff! I told him that since he'd decided to pull down the knackered shed and polytunnel frame on Plot 34 this year I'd have no room to grow my veg so getting a second plot was surely the sensible option! I'd planned to get a second one eventually anyway as I wanted a decent-sized run for my chickens and wanted space for fruit trees etc....and another polytunnel too!

I said ok, if it upset him THAT much I'd just go and see Bill on Monday morning and say I cannot take the plot after all I was blo**y livid though....it's not as though I've got a fancy man or owt, is it? Just a bit more space to grow stuff on! Not much to ask considering we live in a first-floor flat so I don't have a garden of my own!

But this morning I got a text from Neil......he said don't go to see Bill. He wants to go and look at the plot himself after work tonight. I've told him that if he can just look past the head-high weeds (which I'll have removed and burnt in less than a week!) and past the odd broken window pane he'll see the potential! I told him that hell, we've had CATS in worse condition than this allotment! *we used to take the old, abused & terminally-ill cats for a local charity and spoil them rotten for what time they had left....some, like Domino, were skin & bone and like walking skeletons but turned around with just a bit of TLC*
                          I think THAT comment convinced him so ~ fingers crossed ~ I can get him to see the potential that we can all see!

If not.....well, I'm afraid I'll just have to smack him over the head with a shovel and put him put of his misery!

Comment

Have just caught up with this thread. Sounds like a fantastic project. Taking on this extra plot will give Neil more time to do whatever it is he wants to do on the existing one without you breathing down his neck. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
                              If not.....well, I'm afraid I'll just have to smack him over the head with a shovel and put him put of his misery!
                              That's it - start a leek trench. Good luck

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

YAY lass well done,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X