Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthgirl Jen
    replied
    Welcome Marmande, first of all jealous of your weather in the East of England, as we've gone back to cloudy, occasional heat, rain and high humidity here on the West Coast.

I grow loads in fish boxes, (they wash up regularly on our shores) not so easy for you to find I'm sure, But the bigger and deeper the box you grow in then the less water it will need x

Leave a comment:

• Bluenowhere
    replied
    Welcome.

Need either 10 or 15 posts, can’t quite remember which to post photos. Took me a while to get the hang of it. Think we had a test thread somewhere to practice on if one of the Mods can find it, I haven’t worked out hoe to get the search to do what I want yet!

Now you have 10 you can add your location though
    Last edited by Bluenowhere; 05-08-2018, 10:13 PM. Reason: Inability to type

Leave a comment:

• chillithyme
    replied
    Hello Marmande, welcome, I take it you like growing tomatoes from your name name of my favourite beefsteak tomatoe

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Hello and welcome from me too.

Leave a comment:

• Philthy
    replied
    Hi Marmande, welcome to the Vine. You can utilise all sorts of spaces...

Leave a comment:

• christoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmande View Post
    ...nope, can't quite manage it! Is this one of the privileges that you get once you've made a certain number of posts?

Anyway, we're having Cobra, Purple Tepee and Ferrari (both grown in a trough) and a lone Scarlet Emperor runner, which looked very sad on its own. It's only a small handful, but enough to supplement dinner tonight - and there are tons of flowers on the remaining beanstalks, so hopefully there'll be lots more on the way soon
    Hello, and welcome aboard,
    you need to make about 10-12 posts before you can post pics

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    There is some thing about number of posts / ability to upload photos... basically a mod will come along in a bit and say "keep posting and trying to upload photos, at some point you will be able to" almost as if they weren't quite sure...

Leave a comment:

• Marmande
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmande View Post
    I'll try to attach a picture if I can work out how...

...nope, can't quite manage it! Is this one of the privileges that you get once you've made a certain number of posts?

Anyway, we're having Cobra, Purple Tepee and Ferrari (both grown in a trough) and a lone Scarlet Emperor runner, which looked very sad on its own. It's only a small handful, but enough to supplement dinner tonight - and there are tons of flowers on the remaining beanstalks, so hopefully there'll be lots more on the way soon

Leave a comment:

• Marmande
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I'm a very keen container planter - in fact, we're having our first beans this year, some of which were grown in a trough. I'll try to attach a picture if I can work out how...

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Welcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Welcome to the vine, enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

We have a number of members growing in or up things..

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Hello and a warm welcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• cariann88
    replied
    Hello and welcome

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    Welcome along...

Amazing what can be grown in containers and pots in the back garden etc...

Leave a comment:

• ESBkevin
    replied
    Hello and welcome.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X