Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Scared - I'd be petrified

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
    Most cat owners have to deal with presents of mice but but getting up and finding the head of a gorgon on the doorstep.....
    I wouldn't be opening any bags left there, thats for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Jay-ell
    replied
    Most cat owners have to deal with presents of mice but but getting up and finding the head of a gorgon on the doorstep.....

Leave a comment:

• Perseus
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
    Hello P - you great warror from Greek myth you.

Welcome to the Vine and I am glad you found us.
    Again, thanks to all for the welcome.
    Perseus was the name of a favourite cat, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Perseus
    replied
    Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post

As we're nosey any pikkies? What do you like to grow, excel at growing, can't grow for toffee?
    I've yet to find out how to post pics but will try....
    I like to grow a bit of everything but practically started from scratch again a year ago on my overgrown plot so had a 'modest' start. What I excel at is growing food for slugs!!!
    What did well: broad beans, runners, French beans, Borlotti beans, garlic, potatoes (first earlies), leeks, pak choi, kale, squashes, sweetcorn, spinach.
    Not so good: the onions stayed small, might not bother this year. The cabbages or what's left of them (one day I'll have perfect netting!).
    Complete disaster: used old seeds (by mistake) so no carrots or parsnips.... Forgot to sow spring onions. All toms got blight and believe it or not, didn't plant enough courgettes!
    I started new strawberry and raspberry beds (Autumn) - moved from half-plot to main plot. I have 3 artichoke plantlets waiting in pots at home but they're slowly being slugged to death. Might have to start from scratch in Spring...
    What I didn't have time for this year but normally like to grow: sprouts, celeriac and chillis. Celeriac is hit and miss, sometimes wonderful and other times came to nothing!

Plans for this year: main plot back to full use (but that's going to need lots of digging still). Find a space for rhubarb (currently on half-plot) and comfrey.
    Probably not achievable this year: dig over half plot. Big pressure from OH to give it up but I have planted fruit trees (apple and plum) and it has mature currant bushes and gooseberries on it....And a tiny pond.

That's it from me, sorry for the long post...

Leave a comment:

• Lumpy
    replied
    Hello P - you great warror from Greek myth you.

Welcome to the Vine and I am glad you found us.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    A big hello from me too Perseus...enjoy the forum!

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    Welcome along.
    I'm often full of great ideas at this time of year - how often they get implemented, well, that's a different matter.

Leave a comment:

• ESBkevin
    replied
    Yea welcome to the vine.

Where are you on the planet?

As for planning, yep every winter I 'firm up' the ideas that formed in my head the preceeding season and get to the big event and....as any great commander will tell you, the best battle plan is moot as soon as combat is joined. I think my plot is a bit like that too.

Leave a comment:

• Tripmeup
    replied
    Hello and welcome

Leave a comment:

• Greenleaves
    replied
    Welcome to the vine, enjoy the benefits of the advice and humour

Leave a comment:

• sparrow100
    replied
    Hello and welcome from me too. You sound like you'll fit right in.
    I love making plans, but I am also used to seeing them fly right out of the window by around May.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Perseus View Post
    Every year I have big plans, like 'I'll do this and I'll do that' , oh and I must move that pond oh, and ...the rhubarb could go into that corner.....Haha!

So far it hasn't quite worked out but...I'll get there, eventually
    Hello again Perseus I think we'er all a bit like that, my plans usually involve sowing more than I've got space for especially toms.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X