Hello, welcome to the forum

Leave a comment:

• Lumpy
    replied
    Hello and I am sorry that I am late say...............'Hello & Welcome'

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Change the glass for polycarb. Much more child friendly.

Leave a comment:

• Llevrah
    replied
    Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    That's cool we can learn together . I'm growing that variety this year for the first time along with 3 other (never grown before) varieties . I've only ever grown small sugar pumpkins before. I like growing them & eating them but that's where my knowledge ends . All I know is if your back is turned of 5 minutes the little bu@@ers try to take over the world
    Oh noooooooo. I've got bindweed roots doing that I don't need pumpkins to as well 😁
    These are going in the boys little patch so should be reasonably contained to not interfere with a great deal.

Fairly successful day today. Not a single cross word from the boys and they worked like troopers bless em. Couldn't wait to get down there, didn't want to come home and are desperate to get back down there. It's early days tho 😣

We decided today the cold frame us coming out. Having glass in it it's not ideal with a 2 year old wandering round on rather uneven ground. A poly tunnel will be taking its place

Leave a comment:

• Small pumpkin
    replied
    Originally posted by Llevrah View Post
    They are called jack o' lantern. I actually remembered to check 
    That's cool we can learn together . I'm growing that variety this year for the first time along with 3 other (never grown before) varieties . I've only ever grown small sugar pumpkins before. I like growing them & eating them but that's where my knowledge ends . All I know is if your back is turned of 5 minutes the little bu@@ers try to take over the world

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Hello and a big welcome from me too. Hope the boys enjoy the allotment too!

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    Hi ya .Every ones nice on here.
    Last edited by Ms-T; 07-05-2016, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Llevrah
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Try saving these to you desktop then import them into your album, see if that works:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63855[/ATTACH]..............[ATTACH=CONFIG]63856[/ATTACH]
    Thank you. I'll get some more pics today and try those and the new ones all at once. If not the laptop will have to come out.

Leave a comment:

• Llevrah
    replied
    Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
    Welcome to the vine
    What varieties of pumpkin you growing? I highly recommend you try eating pumpkin not just carving (although that is great fun ). I'm a big fan of pumpkin soup, roast pumpkin with my Sunday roast and honey roasted pumpkin seeds
    It's good you've got 3 little helpers. We like photo because we're all very nosey

Just in case you missed it.........I like pumpkins!
    They are called jack o' lantern. I actually remembered to check 

Leave a comment:

• SusieG
    replied
    A warm welcome from me too, Lievrah!

Good luck with prising your boys off all things electrical and finding the 'great outdoors'!!!i sadly, have failed miserably .... my 'boy?' is a 14 year old-who-knows-everything ..... I did however, manage to get him to fill up a watering can yesterday and entice him into the GH where he was amazed to see lots of 'stuff growing' - well, for a minute or two anyway..!

So enjoy your lottie, and keep putting piccies on we love to see what's going on!
    And you'll always find answers to your questions here, they're a knowledgable bunch

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Try saving these to you desktop then import them into your album, see if that works:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Hello and welcome.

I must admit I had the same thought as Small Pumpkin: pumpkins and winter squash just have to be eaten. One trick is to leave them a while (depending on the variety) after picking them and before eating them. Unlike most veg, they get sweeter during storage. When you find the variety, someone on here will be able to give you lots of advice about how to decide when they're ready to pick and what to do with them.

Good luck with the lottie. Bet your kids would like sweetcorn, by the way.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 07-05-2016, 07:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi and welcome to the vine

Leave a comment:

• Knight of Albion
    replied
    A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Llevrah.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Hi and welcome to the Forum.
    A few people have problems loading photos from their phones (I don't 'cos I don't know how to use a phone for calls, let alone photos) Anyway, they say that if you crop your photo a bit it comes out the right way up. With luck, someone who knows what they're talking about will be along soon

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X