Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandasyard View Post
    Now you need to explain this too
    Rootstock - Most commonly used when talking about fruit trees. It is a root that is usually grafted to a scion for various reasons but the main reason (for fruit trees) is to govern overall size.
    M27 - Rootstock used for apples which can give a final height upto 2m in perfect conditions
    M9 - Rootstock used for apples which can give a final height upto 2 - 2.5m in perfect conditions
    M26 - Rootstock used for apples which can give a final height upto 3.5m in perfect conditions
    MM106 - Rootstock used for apples which can give a final height upto 4.5m in perfect conditions
    M111 - Rootstock used for apples which can give a final height upto 4-5m in perfect conditions
    M25 - Rootstock used for apples which can give a final height upto 6m in perfect conditions

Comment

Kite - Blowaway Tunnel.
      Mom - Member Of The Month.

I'll be back when I've had time to think..................You know when you're getting old when you can only think of 2 things at once..........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

OH...other half
        DH ....dear husband

slimes...slugs and snails
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Glssy of Vine Abbs & Phras's

A million "thank you's" from a new Grape on the Vine. A newbie veggie grower.
          I think I can try to keep up a little better now that some of the hieroglyphics known only to those who have many years of experience /knowledge of all things that grow!!!
          (Just got to try to remember 'em all now....!)
          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
            G4's bestest ever word .................... Bummocks
            Nope, that's attributable to 'Bumps' aka The lovely PumpkinBecki. Mine aren't nearly so polite

Nutter! (Yeh, that's one o'mine!)

My others are things like 'Chuff it!' 'Chuffin' 'eck/ell...' etc

I am however, responsible for the origination of the typo 'Christmad' for which I seek no apology, as it is wholly appropriate and, in fact, now a commonly used alternative.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Blowaway - cheapy mini plastic greenhouse thingy
              PT - Polytunnel

Comment

VVS ...the Virtual Vine Show...held every year over the summer months and into Autumn where peeps show off their produce! ( there are even prizes for the top 3 winners! )
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Blowaway - a temporary greenhouse consisting of a polythene cover over a tubular metal frame - often resembling a tent, known for its susceptibility to winds.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Gardener's Rest is actually the home of the most convivial virtual pub on the interweb. It has the most Glorious pint of the Black stuff imaginable and a space specially reserved for me. . Well I'm always first in and last out. . It is also the home of the most popular barmaid.

However what she lacks in looks she makes up for in nature
                    Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant idea. I wish it was around before. I was always too embarrassed to ask ��
                      Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

What does "bolt" mean??

Comment

Originally posted by pandasyard View Post
                          What does "bolt" mean??
                          Bolt - the unwanted flowering of a plant i.e lettuces, oriental veg, rhubarb
                          similar to
                          Weed - unwanted plant or plant in the wrong place

SFG - Square foot gardening. A method in which to get maximum crops from an area.

Comment

As we have a few new grapes with lots of questions I thought I would remind you of this thread

Comment

Scape - the flower spike of an allium
                              Bulbil - small bulbs which grow from the flower heads of certain alliums

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I added scape before you posted and CACA and Hutton period

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X