Newbie from Utah

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
    It would go snuggly in the ski bag, but sadly (or happily) we get our winter fix right here now.
    If he buys one from T&M, it'll go in your hand luggage...............
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Haha, you guys are great! Seriously though, can you fit an apple tree in your suitcase?

Yes, apple trees aren't normally propagated by seed as they don't come true to type... but then again I'm not entirely sure that's a bad thing. Some great varieties started out as a chance seedling.

Comment

Hi, Onsdag, and welcome to the vine
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Hello sorry I am a bit late but hello and welcome to the vine
          sigpic

Comment

Fom China but shipped worldwide:

3 Cuttings of Rare varieties Redlove red meat apple tree-in Bonsai from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com
            Last edited by Bigmallly; 16-08-2014, 03:44 PM.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

^^^^ nice find BM!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Onsdag.....a warm welcome from me too!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

hello welcome to the vine community
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Welcome enjoy the vine

Comment

You guys truly are amazing! First, all the warm welcomes - this is probably the most I've been welcomed to a new forum. And secondly, going above and beyond my expectations in trying to help me out. Thanks! That really is a nice find Bigmally. In all my searching I've not come across that site. Is the source trustworthy though? I generally hesitate purchasing from sources within China as I've had bad experiences before...Also it's kinda hard to tell what exactly you're getting - one cutting each from 3 varieties of Redlove, or 3 cuttings of one variety? No explanation of which varieties either.

Comment

Don't know Onsdag, I suppose like most things, you take your chance. It all depends how badly you want it. Send 'em a message:

AliExpress Help Center

http://help.aliexpress.com/not_satisfied.html
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 16-08-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Hello Onsdag, lovely to meet you. I was thinking the same thing about the legalities of importing seeds etc. the US customs are very strict on that...you can't even take an apple or anything in with you. My mother-in-law, on one of her first visits to the US on her own, took a very small fruit cake with her as it was her sisters birthday and US customs confiscated it...don't know if that was because of the fruit it contained or they just fancied it for their tea. She was a tad worried she was going to be arrested! I would double check what the rules are first if I were you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            The following are prohibited from sending to USA from UK:

Vegetable products
                            Except as provided, plants, and plant products which are subject to restrictions or prohibitions of plant quarantines or regulatory orders of the U.S. Department of Agriculture may not be imported into the United States through the mails and should not be accepted for transmittal to that country.
                            Vegetables, roots and tubers.
                            Fruits, nuts and citrus peels.
                            Coffee.
                            Cereals
                            Wheat products.
                            Fruits, seed, grains, and fodder.
                            O***m.
                            Vegetable products.

Seems a bit of a mine field.
                            Would it be legal to send some caterpillars. Got a few spare!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wunt have thought so Danny, it'd be classed as livestock..........

Comment

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Onsdag.
                                Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                                Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X