No announcement yet.

Introducing myself.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Phil, and a warm welcome to the vine.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Hi Phil,

Welcome from sunny Alford, although the Grampian region is well represented on here.

Window sills are great for starting off seedlings, as is a cold frame, which is fairly easy to make if you can lay your hands on some old pallets and plastic sheeting.
      Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Welcome to the vine Phil.......a couple of threads worth checking out for starters are "What I did today" & "Seed sowing thread"...........it'll give you a guide as to what other grapes are doing.
        Thanks, I'll get a look in.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
          Welcome, I am interested in how your raised bed was a disaster? We learn a lot from other peoples mistakes. My advice is to not be too eager to sow seeds, even indoors because we aint done with winter yet and a lot of seedlings that need to go out is not funny when its to cold to do so.
          Well I'm almost to embarrassed to say but I filled it up with potting compost, my brother come over from Ireland and just laughed. I did say I was green.
          I have replaced it all now with soil and well rotted manure. Should be better this year.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Welcome, another grape for me to enjoy listening too when it's not growing season here.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X