Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croeso i'r Vine
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Hello & welcome
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

welcome nik, you're gonna love it in here.
        '' We came in different ships, but we're all in the same boat ''

''I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand.''

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
          No such thing as too many photos either, we're a nosey lot here

...well some peeps here are just plain nosey....and others are just ....well...nosey !!!!

...oh- and we all love to help out with advice when we can

Welcome to the Vine...you are entering into a 'zone addictive'( she says with a French accent! )
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nik195 View Post
            the plot we have is covered in what my mum called groudsell
            Not the worst weed to inherit, but it's going to be seeding very very soon, so make pulling it up your first job.
            One year's seeding is seven year's weeding you know.

Originally posted by Nik195 View Post
            we are going to try potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, broad beans etc but obviously not all at the same time.
            How do you mean "not all at the same time"?

They're all going to be growing at the same time ... no?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Don't let your lack of experience bother you, we all had to start somewhere and you will soon pick things up.

Comment

Hi Nik and Phil

Welcome to the vine.

Good luck with your new plot, try a bit of everything and experiment with old ways and new ways until you find what suits you and your plot the best, and have fun doing it.

Why not try some crops in bags/buckets and some square foot gardening to get started - lots of different crops in a fairly small space to give you loads of interest while you get the rest of your ground ready for planting.

Take lots of photos, make notes of the varieties of each crop you try (or set up a blog to record it) so you can repeat your successes and avoid your failures.

Make plans on paper by all means, but don't be afraid to change then when you have to - I must have made about 10 different plans in the first few weeks and I'm still changing things round 10 months after I got my plot.

Andy
                Last edited by Samurailord; 22-04-2013, 09:35 AM.
                http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Hi andy

Thanks for your reply. I have already changed my mind once lol

The plot is only in need of weeding as the people last year rotivated it and manured it. The groundsall is the only weed there and that shouldn't take much moving as its fairly small plants. We are going to attack this on Friday and Saturday in the hope we can get some planted up really soon.

We are getting really excited about this venture and really want it to work. I've started a blog and will defo take loads of photos

Thanks again

Comment

Don't wait until the whole plot is weed free before you start planting.

Clear a bit, immediately plant it up. Then clear another bit
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hello and a very warm (if somewhat late) welcome to the Vine
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X