Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to all from beautiful Yorkshire!...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herbsandveg View Post
    Whereabouts in Leeds are you, Mally? Let me guess; Garforth?
    Chapel Allerton.........but lottie is in Oakwood.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi there- and welcome to the Vine from me too!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well hello! Very envious of you habitat, love Yorkshire. My sister is near you and we go and stay or house sit whenever poss. She has various animals, changes through the year depending at what stage they' re at (don't want to say too much, don't want to distress the veggies amongst us). She's just outside Otley.
        Good luck with your growing year, loads of very knowledable bods on here, so you'll get lots of helpful hints and tips.
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
          Well hello! Very envious of you habitat, love Yorkshire. My sister is near you and we go and stay or house sit whenever poss. She has various animals, changes through the year depending at what stage they' re at (don't want to say too much, don't want to distress the veggies amongst us). She's just outside Otley.
          Good luck with your growing year, loads of very knowledable bods on here, so you'll get lots of helpful hints and tips.
          Thank you for your message, LettuceGrow!

I'm 'just over the hill' from Otley in Guiseley, though you were probably aware of that already.

Otley is OK at night, and very, very different from Guiseley, with the former being an almost rural community whilst Guiseley is just, well, Guiseley, with one big street, no decent pubs and nothing really to shout about at all save for a very, very good football team and a member on the Grow Your Own Forum!

Does your sister live near Weston or Askwith, by the way?

Regards
          Graham
          Last edited by Herbsandveg; 18-02-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Very delayed reply, sorry!! My sister's in Leathley and there's even less there! Very rural indeed but that's how they like it and are working on being as self sufficient as they can be. We love to visit and can feel a visit coming on very soon!
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Originally posted by lettucegrow! View Post
              Very delayed reply, sorry!! My sister's in Leathley and there's even less there! Very rural indeed but that's how they like it and are working on being as self sufficient as they can be. We love to visit and can feel a visit coming on very soon!
              Nice bit o' fishing on the Wharfe around Leathley, Castley, Arthington.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Welcome Herbsandveg,

Another Yorkshireman here living in Dewsbury but used to live in Horsforth up near you
                -------------------------------

Currently growing..

Peter Pepper,Moruga Scorpion,Habanero,Bhut Jolokia(yellow),Numex Twilight,Purple Jalapeno,Big Jim,Papri Paprika,Thai Hybrid,Esplendor,Sweet mini bell pepper and Patio fire chilli...

Also
                Black tomato,Dragons Egg Cucumbers and Charentais Melon

Comment

hi herbsandveg,

Lancashire lad here living in south Lincs, the other half is a yorkshire lass.

enjoy, loads of info and characters on here.
                  '' We came in different ships, but we're all in the same boat ''

''I'm only responsible for what I say...not what you understand.''

Comment

Hello and a very warm, if somewhat belated, welcome to the Vine
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X