Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello to all from beautiful Yorkshire!...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello & welcome bud Beware of ^^^^^ NUTTERS
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

^^^ who me!?
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse! I see you've met some of the regulars...
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Welcome to the vine Graham, I'm from the other side of Leeds to you.........too near the airport for my liking................mindst, I suppose it'd save on taxi fares........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
            Hi and welcome from me too
            Hello, Ananke...

Interesting name, but doesn't sound too Scottish...and another very interesting Blog, and another on Blogspot, too. I've got an existing blog on there, though not a gardening one, and I think I'll have a meeting (with just myself) to try to decide whether I might let you all have a look...(Reckon we might even have to put it to a vote!)...

Right, on to the next new post!...

Comment

Blimey! So many people now saying hello! This website gets better and better! Hello Big Mally, Glutton4, VirginVegGrower, Bearded Bloke, HerbsandVeg (Oh, forget that one, that's me!), and (as they say on radio) "Anyone else who knows me..."

Comment

Originally posted by out in the cold View Post
                Hi Herbsandveg.

OH (KittyColdNose) is a Yorkie too.

I have totally corrupted her, as she now screams her lungs out in support of Scottish Rugby team, but in return she has introduced me to "proper" beer and gardening (I got the better deal really...)
                Hello, OutInTheCold,

Really sorry for missing you and leaving you, well, out in the cold when I said 'hello' to everyone...Sorry about that, but 'hello' now, and really good to hear about your liking for 'proper beer'. I live in a real 'hotspot' as regards beer, and we've stacks of lovely tiny breweries all around us...

Thank you for welcoming me here...

Comment

Originally posted by Herbsandveg View Post
                  Hello, OutInTheCold,

Really sorry for missing you and leaving you, well, out in the cold when I said 'hello' to everyone...Sorry about that, but 'hello' now, and really good to hear about your liking for 'proper beer'. I live in a real 'hotspot' as regards beer, and we've stacks of lovely tiny breweries all around us...

Thank you for welcoming me here...
                  My Yorkshire man likes to go for a Burton
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Oi! Hello from me too. Looks like you've already got a sense of humour, so you should get on well.
                    Sense of humour and nuttiness not essential criteria but they do certainly make life easier for you here in the madhouse.
                    I'm not on blogspot - I'm a wordprress girl........the only pressing I do, I'm allergic to ironing. Once my grapevines are producing there could be pressings of more interesting sorts.

BTW - welcome matey.
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hello again, everyone

I wondered what you all thought of this quite topical plant-related story...

Graham

Veggies shock as calves re-defined as plants
                      by Graham Braithwaite

Britain's vegetarians were dumbfounded earlier today when calves - previously classed as animals - were reclassified as a higher form of plant. The ruling follows a five year study by 'VEALIS?'' a Government appointed think-tank of agricultural and biological experts coupled with a six man panel of DEFRA vets, and is set to to be fiercely challenged by other animal welfare experts and the majority ofBritain's 4m vegetarians and vegans.

In a statement released this afternoon, the VEALIS? spokesman, the Dorset West MP Mr Kevin Matthews, said:

"The decision announced today will be controversial to say the least, but it was the only reasonable conclusion we could reach. It's impossible to deny that calves do actually look a bit like cows and most of them tend to move around like any animal would, but you could also say they never really do much more than that. It's always been sheep that people have looked on as being a bit dim, but you'd be hard pressed to think of anything that calves have ever done that could possibly be conceived of as even 'interesting' let alone suggestive of any evidence of a brain being at work"

There were howls of protest from both of the main Vegetarian and Vegan societies, but the Meat and Livestock Commission - the official voice of Britain's estimated 22,000 butchers - said that is was unlikely that the nation's farmers would notice any real change:

"It hardly matters much either way whether it's a plant or an animal", said Mr Ian Livingtone, himself a farmer, and the Chairman of the Commission 'They really just stand around all day and do very little more than eat and sleep and defecate. I can't see this one causing any real problem, and I think they'll just go on selling it in the way they've always done"

A spokeman for Sir Paul McCartney, the long standing campaigner for animal rights and livestock welfare, said that he doubted whether there'd be any immediate plans to introduce a new 'Veal and Vegetable Pie' into the 'Linda McCartney' range of vegetarian and vegan food products:

"It's pretty hard to grasp the fact that a calf is actually a plant", said Piers Rhyson-Owen, a lifelong friend of the former Beatles superstar. "They still look a bit too cute and, sort of, cuddly to be anything another than a proper animal. I think we need to go away and have a really good think about all this..."

However, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Morrison's all reported a rush to buy the product, and London's Smithfield Market sold out its entire stock by the early afternoon.

"It's just flying off the shelves," said a spokesman for the Ilkley branch of Tesco's yesterday. "The punters can't get enough of it at the moment, and as soon as we can fill them up they just as quickly swamp the aisles and empty 'em all again!"
                      Last edited by Herbsandveg; 17-02-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I think its a load of old bull What heifer will they think of next

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          Welcome to the vine Graham, I'm from the other side of Leeds to you.........too near the airport for my liking................mindst, I suppose it'd save on taxi fares........
                          Whereabouts in Leeds are you, Mally? Let me guess; Garforth?

Comment

Flying off the shelves? Of course, silly me, if it's not meat they won't need to keep it in the fridge, so it will be flying off the shelves. Do hope they aren't wrong in their thinking, or they'll all be flying off to the loo!
                            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

And a belated hello from me down here.

Struggle to get a word in edgewise round here.....
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Herbsandveg by the looks of it you're settling in nicely
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X