Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all from a grubby allotmenteer!

Hi gang

The old gardening forum I used to use has been closed and have just found this one. Thought I would pop in and see what its all about and say hi to everyone.

I have a double allotment plot, the first plot is all veggies, the second plot we acquired next door to the 1st plot is all of fruit. Luckily there wasnt a waiting list and there still isnt in our area for plots to I am one of the very few who are lucky enough to get a second plot next door to the 1st.

Ill have a go at growing anything that's edible, the latest edition to the fruit plot is our two Gogi berrry bushes, they were threatened with eviction if they didnt flower this year (as I dont believe in keep going with plants which are either half dead or are not going to produce fruit/veg as it introduces disease and virus into the soil). It seemed to work and within months they soon flowered - both bushes are a mass of little purple flowers It was probably more to do with allowing the shrubs to get established but I like to think it was the little chat I had with them a few months ago!

Anyway, if your popping the kettle on the stove - Ill have a cuppa tea please, very milky weak with no sugar. I'd love a slice of cake too - coffee and Walnut will always go down a treat!

Anyway, that's enough of me before I bore you all. I hope to get to know some of you soon.

Veggiepatch
    x

Hello and welcome to the vine Veggiepatch find a comfy chair and have a good look around we're a friendly bunch here

just remembered can you put your location in your profile please not your address just the area, it makes answering and queries easier.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hello Veggiepatch. Welcome to the Vine. It would help if you could add your location to your profile, then it will show up on your posts. Nearest town will do fine.

Comment

Snap Bren

Comment

Hi and welcome, this is the best place for gardening fans
          Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Hello Veggiepatch, welcome to the vine
            Chris

My Allotment Journal @
            Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
            -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Hello Veggie Patch and welcome. I wonder if we're related as I'm a Veggie too
              You're a bit late for tea but a nightcap maybe on offer

Comment

Originally posted by veggiepatch View Post
                Anyway, if your popping the kettle on the stove - Ill have a cuppa tea please, very milky weak with no sugar. I'd love a slice of cake too - coffee and Walnut will always go down a treat!
                Righto, there's yer cake, but you can make your own tea. I'm not spoiling a good cup of tea for anyone.

Attached Files
                Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Welcome Veggiepatch, doesn't matter to me if you don't put your area in your profile, since I only have a vague idea of where everyone is anyway. If they're complaining of snow they obviously live in the cold part, and rain - the wet part. I'm easy pleased.

I'll have a coffee with that cake thanks, altho I'll come back for it after I crowbar a teenager out of bed to help me get my hay for the no dig garden.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hello all, thank you for your lovely welcoming comments, they are much appreciated and that bit of cake looks lush. May well pop round for a night-cap one day - anyone else fancy joining us? ;-)

Ill update my profile shortly, I joined during my lunch break and don't get long so only had time to say hi to everyone and find this site, not yet had a chance to look around it yet so, I'll update my profile and have a nosy around this lunchtime.

I live in Dorset, a Southern Softie - although my work colleagues wont agree I'm a southern softie cus I'm the one with the office windows wide open, heating off whilst its blowing a hoolie outside whilst its snowing (yes we occasionally get snow down here - when it does the whole county grinds to a hault as we stand in awe wondering what that white fluffy stuff is falling from the sky or trying to work out how to drive in it - LOL!)

Anyway, the boss has just parked so betta start working or there will be trouble ahead!

Catch up with you all soon

Bye for now

xxxxx

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!

Did someone say CAAAAAAKE!?
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hello from a bit further south. I'm a relative newbie and can confirm that they are good bunch of grapes.
                        Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome from me!

Comment

welcome to the vine!!
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello and a very warm welcoime to the Vine
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X