No announcement yet.

How to's + Hints & Tips on how to use the Vine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks both, yes BB I thought that might be the case but was going to do a little house keeping I.E. the pics that were used on the now defunct joke thread.

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Actually that is a good point bud,it shows a short coming in the code writing,might be worth a PM to Chris as he understands better than I the version of code this forum is written on,there could be a large saving on server space if pictures were auto deleted at the same time as the post
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

BB me plumber deffo not techie in any way. Think I will leave that one to the likes of yourself and Chris.

But at least if some picces disappear I will know where they have gone.

Potty
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

My brain has frozen (early in the hols even for me) how do I add my own (moving) smiley, please? I'm sure I've read it on here before as well!
          "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Find your image,right click it & then left click .. copy image location

In your post put [img] then paste the image location,then close with[/img] & all will be well

If you now click .. reply with quote .. you will be able to see how it works in my example above.

If you use the go advanced button to write your post you can use the Preview Changes button to double check it has worked before posting
            Last edited by bearded bloke; 22-12-2013, 02:00 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Diolch, BB. My mistake had been to leave the [url] and un[url] inside the image brackets.
              Last edited by marchogaeth; 22-12-2013, 02:20 PM.
              "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

No prob's marchogaeth,that's what we're here for loving that ^^ image

Last edited by bearded bloke; 22-12-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

With Sherv, if you choose the image you want, beneath it it says "Get Codes". Click on that and 2 sets of Codes appear - choose "Forum Code" and click on it. It copies it all, so you don't need to add the IMG bits

Comment

How to's + Hints & Tips

Now I am no computer "Geek" by any stretch of the imagination, but I "Fumble"along!

Press Safari (Bottom left, but your Ipad maybe set up differently to mine)

this screen should then appear

Providing you have not got previous websites already bookmarked, tap the top empty title box and write in Grow Your Own

Press Go

Select this site from the list

Your in!

So now use as a normal website, as opposed to using the app, so when you now post pictures they are of a decent size and quality!

Copied from .. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1238009
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by bearded bloke; 08-05-2014, 09:44 AM. Reason: added link to original post
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Sorry, was not able to find out how to quote from posts.
                      By the way, only just discovered 'hints and tips' did not refer to gardening methods.....particularly as last post is called 'Deano's dig gin' it'!
                      Grateful for help re. Quotes.

Comment

out how to quote from posts

whole post quote.....click on 'Reply With Quote' on the green strip at bottom right of the post

then type your message underneath their quote.

part quote of post
                        , then carefully delete out what you don't want, but be careful not to delete any of the brackets at the beginning or end or it won't come up as a balloon quote ( Mods will correct any we find which haven't worked )
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thank you! Thought 'reply with quote' meant attaching the other kind of quotes we see, like 'Eat more Jam'!
                          I claim the crown as the most technologically challenged member on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            whole post quote.....click on 'Reply With Quote' on the green strip at bottom right of the post

then type your message underneath their quote.

part quote of post
                            , then carefully delete out what you don't want, but be careful not to delete any of the brackets at the beginning or end or it won't come up as a balloon quote ( Mods will correct any we find which haven't worked )
                            Testing, testing.....

Comment

For all you log burners, I'll be coming back later today with my DIY log support. It'll give you 2 barrow loads of logs in minutes............watch this space............

Sorry, ignore me, I'm in the wrong room. I just saw the hints & tips bit..............
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 24-06-2014, 08:11 AM.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Wheeeeeee! Thanks again Nicos.
                                Last edited by Raybon; 24-06-2014, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X