Hello, greetings from another newbie :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the welcome.

Bigmally - lol, If you find halifax accent broad should listening to people from Pontefract or Knottingley that is old yorkshire dialect

Comment

Reight darn int'coil oil, weer t'mucks thick ont' winders. Just thought I'd throw that one in for the little Tinker
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Right down in the coal hole where the muck's (muck = coal dust) thick on the windows. There's a song about that. All right, all right, I'm going.
        Last edited by Florence Fennel; 27-03-2012, 07:33 PM.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Don't go until you've sung it for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Reight darn int'coil oil, weer t'mucks thick ont' winders. Just thought I'd throw that one in for the little Tinker
            I dint need a translater but thanks anyway......
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Another welcome from a relocated Yorkshireman. Thought you might like this postcard my mum sent me at the end of last year.

Attached Files
              Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
              By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
              While better men than we go out and start their working lives
              At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

^ thanks for welcome.

It's ok Florencefennel I am Yorkshire born and bred so don't need it translating . Just remember how older relatives used to talk and that was pretty hard going to fully understand them lol. Especially when they used words that aren't used much anymore.
                Last edited by Tinkerbell86; 29-03-2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: grammar error d'oh

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbell86 View Post
                  ^ thanks for welcome.

It's ok Florencefennel I am Yorkshire born and bred so don't need it translating . Just remember how older relatives used to talk and that was pretty hard going to fully understand them lol. Especially when they used words that aren't used much anymore.
                  I use 'em all t'time lass.........It's funny when folk try to mimic cos they can't quite get "the" stuck in't throat..........
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X