Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about my life story Chris....I come from a mad family.. ha ha

What size would your plot be?

And Florence, thanks for your reply.. I will keep looking for the answers.

Comment

I only have half a plot - 5 pole (half a 'standard sized' 10 pole one) on my current site. I gave up a full sized one on a site further away.. but it was worth loosing the extra space just to be 2 mins away as opposed to 20. I'll be looking for either another half, or full plot to swap to later on though!
      Last edited by chris; 20-09-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        photos ! photos ?
        Originally posted by Regjersey View Post
        Don't you believe me!
        Not that: I just like looking at lotments
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

As a matter of interest I would like to know how much some of you pay
          This should help you: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ent_53424.html
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Hi Chris would you know the size of your plot in feet or yards please?

Comment

Looking Good Reg, we pay around £30 for 8 rods and its counted as a big plot as most people on our site (other than the gypseys, who have most of it) have half plots.
              Oh and welcome to the vine

Comment

I don't think that I should tell the price of ours.. I will tell tell you what they have cost so far... how about £1,000.00 per plot ... yes.. £30,000 for 30 plots. Gulp..

Comment

We recon that it is going to take 8 to 10 years to pay back the money that we have borrowed.

Comment

I pay £77 a year for my plot that is 30 foot by 90. That sounds a fair bit more expensive than most, looking at that thread that was linked. Another £15 or so for the water. Having said that, I think I've already made that money up this summer, despite it being quite late in the year when I got the plot.
                    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Chris would you know the size of your plot in feet or yards please?
                      This should help: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...rod_16833.html

Which, means mine is around 1360 square feet... If a 10 pole job by is 2722square feet? Or 125m^2?

I looked at a private allotment site to setup here, and the return on it was of similar timescales- so for me not a viable option (whilst I wanted some land, I also wanted some return from it).

I've just come across 6acres for a similar amount of money you paid, not far from me... I'd love it, perhaps for a self build.. Just the wrong time!

Comment

Not sure if I am right but I have worked it out like this.. One rod = 27.50 m2... The allotment that I have set up has plots from three rods sq to six rods sq and the price including water is £110 for three rods and up to £150 for six rods. Excluding a large plot reserved for a local school and five raised beds for the less-able, there are thirty already taken, we have fifty to sixty on a waiting list.

A voluntary steering group, made up of management professionals, supported by a number of politicial representatives, formed the Jersey Allotment & Leisure Gardening Association, to oversee the creation of Jersey's first 'true' allotment site at Les Creux, St. Brelade, as a flagship development and also to act as a focal point of enquiry for those looking for a plot and landowners looking for rental income from suitable land elsewhere in Jersey.

Comment

I think it shows that people understand land is at a premium in Jersey, Reg.. best of luck with it!

Comment

I don't think your pricing is unrealistic.......for many new alotmenteers it not about the money money money. It's now a lifestyle choice for professional searching for the good life. £150 is less than the hourly pay rate for many on our plot. Nothing in the greater scheme of things.

However ones labour at the lottie at the opportunity cost of £150+ is also an issue. But it's not about the money money money. All leisure costs the same but the lottie is more rewarding than a game of golf.....IMHO.

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Totally agree with you about more rewarding than a game of golf Newton, definitely a good walk spoilt
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Thanks for your comments.... setting up the allotment had it's problems... the well supplying the plots dried up early April.... An underground water tank cost £450 just to deliver it to Portsmouth from the midlands. The allotment/field is rented from our Government for £600 a year. As you will see it's not all profit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X