No announcement yet.

A complete beginner from Cheshire!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The frames of these plastic greenhouses tend to last a bit longer than the covers. I've had the Aldi/Lidl/Poundstretcher greenhouses, and the covers lasted just one season.

I spent a bit more this spring and got a B&Q (£17) (better grade plastic) one ... it's already lasted twice as long as the El Cheapo I got at the same time (£12).

I have house bricks on the bottom shelf to anchor it, and it's against a wall. So far, so good.

I will buy a polycarb/aluminium jobby as soon as I can afford it (I'd love a Gabriel Oak, but they cost more than our house!).
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I've just ordered a Gardman lean to one and think I've devised a way of securing it to the fence and also a way of weighing it down. All thats left for me to do now is get some staging and pots and away we go.... I hope anyway!!!

Whilst on the subject of staging, has anyone got any ideas of what to make your own staging out of? I don't fancy paying a lot out for ready made ones. Any help welcome!

On the subject of Land Rover Coreopsis... Who said they can't be environmentally friendly? I've got all sorts of mosses and lichens growing on mine!!! Oh and a fair few spiders that live inside! And the occasional moth that flies up form somewhere in the canvas when you go over any bumps!!!!! You can't beat em!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        The frames of these plastic greenhouses tend to last a bit longer than the covers. I've had the Aldi/Lidl/Poundstretcher greenhouses, and the covers lasted just one season.

I spent a bit more this spring and got a B&Q (£17) (better grade plastic) one ... it's already lasted twice as long as the El Cheapo I got at the same time (£12).

I have house bricks on the bottom shelf to anchor it, and it's against a wall. So far, so good.

I will buy a polycarb/aluminium jobby as soon as I can afford it (I'd love a Gabriel Oak, but they cost more than our house!).
        an online company called selections, do the clear plastic replacement covers for £10 ( and loads of other yummy garden stuff) but I also noticed B&Q had the heavier duty green webbed ones for, £15 a month or so ago.
        Vive Le Revolution!!!
        'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
        Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Hi Redlandrover with the cheap plastic greenhouses just watch the plastic joints you put the tubes in we Broke 2 last year (ok I did it ),
          Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
          Dobby

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X