hi everyone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone

After been told what a great website this is from a friend i decided to have a look for myself and she was right it's fantastic

Everything you need to know is there.

I'm 29 and i've just started this summer growing my own.
    I've grown lots of different things and enjoyed watching them grow and even my other half has got the gardening bug now

My best produce so far is my pumpkins (which have also taken over my garden and is now growing up the side of the greenhouse)!!

I haven't a big garden so we decided to also grow veg in the plastic tubs that you put kids toys in and i think it was a good success

we loved going outside and getting the fresh veg for our sunday dinners

but now i want to grow more and have rang the council for an allotment and had a reply yesterday with all the vacant allotments...... can you believe it there are 57 free so i've got quite a few to choose from just need to go and look now.

we also have got 6 chickens and 5 ducks
    we get daily eggs from the chickens but the ducks haven't started to lay yet cos there not old enough

so next year i want to have a go at growing flowers and of course more veg and herbs

look forward to getting the help i need from you all cos i bet i will need it

Lavender Lou x

Hi and welcome.

I'm new here too, and today I'm taking advantage of the awful weather and catching up on all the threads - unfortunately I think it may take all day, but at least it's a change from eBay.

I have a friends fence to finish painting and a little old lady's lawn to mow, not to mention a weed invasion to my carrots that I need to deal with - and it's blowing a gale and chucking it down - the joys of gardening!

When I finish here, I think I'll go and nab a load of lovely fresh grapes from my Dad's greenhouse (if he's not looking!)

Anyway, welcome to the Grapevine. I won't be any use to you, being a total novice myself, but I can supply free horse manure in NW Essex if anyone needs any!

Cheers, G4
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

hi and welcome lavender lou,you are lucky having so many lotties to choose from,there are many on here still waiting,seeing how you got a choice,it might be a good idea to keep a sharp eye as to the kind of weeds that are growing,like mares tail,then avoid it,and wather you can have a shed and green house,and any water supply,as not all sits have or allow them,some even have chickens,where abouts in the country are you,if you want us to know that is,best of luck choosing.
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 24-09-2008, 03:39 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hi Lavender Lou. Welcome to the grapevine. Sounds like you've made a great start. Allotment next eh? I've just been out for the afternoon and got back to find my Weldmesh has been delivered - hen-run purposes! Hoping to join you in the chook husbandry line soon.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Welcome to the Vine, it amazes me how big this place has got but even if you get lost in here, people will help you.
          Best wishes
          Andrewo
          Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

thank you for all your replies

Comment

Went to look at the allotments yesterday and i was gutted no wonder there is so many available there are all overgrown ans lots of fly tipping there i've took some pictures and i will try and put some on for you all to have a look.

Would take you ages to clear but i have now made it my mission to get it sorted and cleared by the council all of them

Comment

No, everything is not on here!

Still waiting for someone to give me the next week's winning lottery numbers!

Have to admit though that most other things seem to get covered on here.
                I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Next weeks lotttery numbers will be 05 10 14 24 30 49 I hope!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X