Inexperienced but enthusiastic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    welcome to the vine,sounds like you can tell and show us a thing or 2,all the best for this year.
    Thanks Lottie

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Hello and welcome to the vine Nick
      Thank Bren

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
        Hello Nick welcome to the forum,I hope everything’s going alright with you
        Thanks and all is well, Just glad that Spring is on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Mamzie View Post
          Welcome, I am new here as well - they seem to be growing on me

My bil is a tad Dahlia mad, he has greenhouses, allotment and home are dedicated to them. And always remember him buying his estate car on the boot space and height for transporting his Show Dahlias ...
          Thanks, yeah it all started with a random tuber from a mixed bag that a neighbouring alloment holder... Think he said it was cactus but I cannot remember all I know was it grew huge! was a specimen plant before even flowering. The flowers were cream/yellow and like "dinner plates" I however in my ignorance let it collapse due a combination of wind/ineffective staking. But as you can guess it got me hooked...

Comment

Hi Nick, you're definitely an experienced grower - in fact, longer than me! This forum is a very friendly place, and it's nice to see new faces!
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
              Hi Nick, you're definitely an experienced grower - in fact, longer than me! This forum is a very friendly place, and it's nice to see new faces!
              Hello Sarriss, I consider myself an inexperienced as the more I learn, the more complexity is shown to me and it seem exponential. Which is a relief to be honest.

Nick

Comment

Hi, Nick, and welcome here. I love dahlias too but I've never grown any. perhaps I'll give them a go this year....
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Hi Nick and welcome.
                  Yes, I am a dahlia lover as well.
                  Looking forward to seeing some pics of your dahlias later in the year.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_The_Greek View Post
                    the other which is under construction as a nursery for bedding perennials and biennials and soft fruit and trees.
                    Have you checked the allotment rules for this? Often you have to have a certain percentage of the plot given over to fruit & veg so having the majority for flowers and trees might not be allowed. When you say a nursery, is that for your garden or are you planning to sell them? As that also might not be allowed.

Ignore this if you've already checked everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                      Hi, Nick, and welcome here. I love dahlias too but I've never grown any. perhaps I'll give them a go this year....
                      I certainly would moth, but take note of the varieties eventual size as they are at their best with room.

Nick

Comment

Hello and welcome, Nick. Best wishes for the growing year ahead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X