Howdy

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Afternoon good grapes, I've been avidly reading the forum for a few months since deciding to take on an allotment in Coventry. Having signed on the dotted line at the weekend I'm now the proud holder of a patch of weeds with a roofless DIY shed and greenhouse missing a few panes of glass.

Unfortunately it looks like the weather is set to turn again this weekend which may make it difficult to get any real progress on the heavy clay soil in these parts but I'm looking forward to the challenge and getting the kids involved once the plot is free of any hazards.

Hello and welcome, mrmauy. Best wishes for a great gardening year. Hope you and your kids have a lot of fun.

Comment

Welcome and congratulations getting an allotment. This really is the most friendly and helpful bunch of people I've met online
      Leafy Hampshire
      2 Half Plots, learning every day.

Comment

Hi Mr Mauy! Welcome to the forum - the friendliest grapes on the planet

I have clay in my garden at home. I've given up on digging it now, and follow Charles Dowding's advice to the letter with his no-dig!
        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome along Mr M...
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Welcome to the vine

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine

Comment

Welcome to the vine make sure you take pictures to show your progress! We like to see them if you care to share!

Comment

Hello Mr M welcome to the vine & congratulations on the plot,lots of space to grow anything you like

Comment

Hello mrmauy and welcome to the vine
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks for the very warm welcome folks, I'm sure as I get things started down at the plot I'll be hitting that search button to find the answers to my questions.

I've got a couple of pictures from "signing day" which I'll post when able, and will try to keep a bit of a progress update going as the (I'm sure) slow work to transform it into something productive goes on...... shame it's rain this weekend

Comment

Hi there , and welcome to the Vine from me too
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

welcome!

remember is a marathon not a sprint, don't forget to enjoy it as you go

Mike

Comment

Hello and welcome to the greatest site on the planet. Have fun mooches.
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine.
                              You should be able to get spare bits of glass for your greenhouse- from personal experience, make sure you measure carefully as older greenhouses often have slightly different pane sizes in each different panel due to previous bodging!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X