Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome along....
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Hi Amy, welcome to the Vine and congratulations on getting your new plot
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Congrats on the new plot, sounds like you've got a great space, as long as no ones rotavated a load of perennial weeds for you. You might spend the rest of autumn pulling up weed seedlings but better that than letting them take hold.
        You might want to think about covering some of the plot to help with the weeds but I might be inclined to keep some open and as someone else said try some overwintering crops. I'm trying shallots and garlic overwinter this year. But have also done broad beans in the past.
        Other than that a plot at this time of year can give you plenty of time to decide what layout you want to try, maybe raised beds? If you're planning on trying the no dig method in the long run you way want to make your beds long and narrow to avoid having to walk on em to get to the centre. Lots to think about and plan, you must be very excited.

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Amy, I would second Abedeenploters(AP) advice and cover as much as you can, and as thick as you can with cardboard, if you want, you could cover a bit with black plastic and plant onion sets through it, enjoy your gardening
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X