No announcement yet.

Log Splitters...BB, BM??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pressure BM I think everything is a gamble when you buy off the internet and haven't a clue what it looks like. But ive been putting huge logs on my fire, they've been taking two days to burn and I'm not comfortable going to bed with it still lit. On top of that its a waste of wood. He manged to chop up loads
    Last edited by Scarlet; 29-03-2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I have loads of logs that fit in the fire but are whole & are taking an eternity to dry out, I think I may have to split them in half & see if that helps. I can only assume the bark is slowing the drying process.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Update

Scarlet, just wondering how the splitter is working. I have found that the smaller I split the logs, the faster it dries out plus I take some of the bark off so it can be used as kindling..........works a treat.
        I find this size is perfect :

Attached Files
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

You're a bit tidier than me! I have really big open fireplaces but only light the one in the livingroom. The fireplace in the dining room is directly behind the Aga that is in the kitchen so the wood goes in there to dry out and then gets moved on. I also use the bark as kindling
          I need to get some more in really.
          Attached Files

Comment

Your fire must be a lot larger than mine as I would have to split them a further 3 or 4 times. The main thing is that the splitter is doing its job.

Comment

It's a very old house (approx 1710) the fire place is about 4ft square. I generally light it early evening. Use 3of those logs and it lasts all evening - sometimes staying in until the following morning. I would say though that we haven't bought any wood in the 17 years we have been here.

The kit is great and has saved us loads of time as well as wood....added bonus is that my boys don't mind using it

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                It's a very old house (approx 1710) the fire place is about 4ft square. I generally light it early evening. Use 3of those logs and it lasts all evening - sometimes staying in until the following morning. I would say though that we haven't bought any wood in the 17 years we have been here.

The kit is great and has saved us loads of time as well as wood....added bonus is that my boys don't mind using it
                That's great, all they need to do is respect it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X