This morning I opened it
    I opened it wide
    To find a pool of water on the floor
    Yes a pool of cold green water on the damn ply floor

Because the DAMN THING LEAKS
    and it is FALLING APART
    So I need to get me a noooo cold frame
    And this time I'm thinkin' ready-made

[Interlude for instrumental, while I point out that it's very late but I still have NO IDEA why I'm writing this as a blues song. The anonymity of the internet makes it a dangerous place. But bear with me]

So...tell me O wise grapes,
    My sisters, my brothers, tell me,
    WHO is a reliable cold frame manufacturer,
    and what else should I be lookin' for?
    I said what else should I be lookin' for?

Hoo yes.
    Thank you and Goodnight.

why have you got a ply floor? why not just put it on the earth?
    and silicone, it's your best friend
    can I hear a yeah brothers?

Comment

Oh you should have got your cold frame
      In a box and shiny new
      You should install direct to earth
      You knew what you should do

But you had to make your own
      In order to save the dosh
      We've all been there before chap
      But the rain it came a splosh

And now you've just got firewood
      Soggy and oh so wet
      So off to Wilko's sale now
      Go on and be a pet!

I can't write blues...
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Just thought of an additional verse and this is on the fly so bear with me...

There is of course another way
        Pop out, buy Grow Your Own
        Cos' in there is an article
        Oh no I hear you moan

No you lot just bear with me
        It's not just fancy tricks
        It's like the three pigs story
        BUILD YOUR COLDFRAME FROM SECOND HAND BRICKS!
        Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 29-08-2011, 08:29 AM.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Long day, peeps?

Comment

No some of us were up early :-)

Comment

Plus too much coffee = too many rhyming words. Although I am waiting for Mr VVG to finish his bank holiday drilling (no pizza oven yet), then we guzz tut Yorkshire.

Comment

oh...thank you for you understanding, your patience and your good ol' down-home rhymin ways. VVG, EXACTLY it was to save money, which totally failed anyway due to my ignorance (oh the shame) and now it's...rank.

BUT...OK, leaving the medium of song for just a minute, not least b/c it's daylight and I can't believe I did it in Blues...
                how many bricks do I need? could I really just pile them up and shove the window on top? Cos I suppose I don't really need a whole new one do I...and Taff, you're right I could do a bit of siliconing...
                AND...haven't used ply on fire before but actually that's an idea! er, or is it too full of chemicals?
                Next, how do I get my parsley to germinate, in Dubstep

Comment

That's what they've done in the mag - can you view it online or go and buy/have a look? No mortar used just laid bricks. Hope this reaches you as I'm on some backwater lane with minimal reception.

Comment

it did - thank you. will try to have a look online. BTW since we're chatting, is the GYO magazine good? I get Kitchen GArdener which I love because/despite the fact that it's INSANE, full of chickens and humanure and some truly terrifying self-sufficient vegans, but am wondering if it's time to change soon...and don't know which of the two is more popular/better...
                    Thanks for risking backwater mud to advise me

Comment

I find it fab but others have stressed it reads same from year to year. But then that's the growing season isn't it. Buy one - new edition tomorrow.

Comment

hello taff...just to say i tried siliconing with comic effects yesterday, but it might just work...will hope for best. yes, in retrospect i shouldn't have had a floor, but that's not one of those magic things a newish gardener just knows (well not me anyway) and I'm working it out for myself...grr.

and hello VVG, have looked online but can't access the coldframe section of this month's issue...will look out in newsagents but otherwise my new subscription won't be until the new year. back to the humanure (or this month's particularly extensive section on growing show-size vegetables. hmm)

Comment

welcome to the world of mistakes to make. I've done lots, and too many to list in a post because it'll dent my self-gardening-esteem too much

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X