lawnmower recommendations please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawnmower recommendations please

I need help! I have quite a large lawn and no mower. The grass is growing and I need to get my hands on a mower but I have no idea what is good and what isn't.

The garden is large enough to warrant a self-propelled, petrol job. I have found the Honda Izy 41 which was selected as a best buy by Gardener's World. Anyone any experience of it? Any other recommended brands or models? Places to buy?

Thanks in advance!

I went on price I'm afraid - it's an 18"/46cm cut, not self-propelled, adjustable cut height. Its one of the numerous brands from the Electrolux group, but with a Briggs & Stratton engine - Flymow Quicksilver 40.

It was a refurbished model, bought from Crocus.co.uk 2 years ago for £125 (inc p&p) - its been fine. There's often lots of refurbs (check warranty length though) on ebay.
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-04-2007, 03:53 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Someone else mentioned a Briggs and Stratton engine- sounds like something from a Spitfire! Thanks, I shall have a look.

Comment

My OH has literally just been sussing out a neighbours lawnmower collection (!) and has borrowed one to try. He told me it's a self-propelled mulching one apparently, but I don't know what make. He's just gone in the shower (he's a bit green round the edges from mowing! But I'll perhaps report back either with the details, or once he's had a go and let you know how he got on.

Comment

We bought a reconditioned 2nd hand petrol mower for £75 (and have had no problems with it at all) from our local lawnmower repair shop.
          Might be worth looking into if yo're not bothered if its new or second hand.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

For my money you cant beat a Mountfield petrol mower but make sure it has a Brigs and Stratton engine. At one stage they changed to an Italian engine but wasnt reliable I think. I have three lawns total approx 600sq m. to cut and have had mine about 13 years. serviecd every two years and never lets me down. 15" cut with a back roller for the 'stripes'.
            Life is like a toilet roll - the nearer you get to the end, the faster it seems to go!

Comment

I purchased a second hand hardly used Atco Balmoral 17inch cylinder 5 years ago for my 1/2 acre grass.
              Delighted with it.
              Repair costs? 1 new air filter plus oil changes.

Cuts very nicely

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X