No announcement yet.

Fave spuds?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since posting I read somewhere about growing-to-show and rubbing out eyes to only leave one.

I have King Eddies chitting, so I will take half a dozen seed tubers at the end of the row and give them the one-eye baking treatment!
    K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

I cut mine out with a knife. I think if you rub them off they will re-grow. I'm going off to check!
      Last edited by Scarlet; 30-01-2011, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Most definitely Marfona.

valmarg

Comment

im going for three that i have never grown before this year

first early: foremost

second early: estima because apparently they grow large enough to use as jacket spuds.

maincrop: ambo because the scab and blight resistance is high and they are a heavy cropper.
          i dont suffer with insanity i enjoy every minute of it

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
            Well, I find myself a bit behind in the spuds stakes this year, not sure what varieties to get, so, I thought I'd ask the biggest and best source of gardening knowledge out there, and pick all your brains!

Im looking for First Early, 2nd Early, Early Maincrop and a Late Maincrop (tho would consider 2 Early maincrops if it meant we missed getting blight! Looking for decent taste and reasonable yields, so whats your recommendations?

Whats your fave spuds, what are you growing this year, and why?
            Ditto! Just about to read everyones replies! Thanks in advance guys and gals
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X