Pelleted chicken manure

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelleted chicken manure

I usually buy boxes of pellets in Wilkinsons, or I order on line. Looking on line today, I can't see any. This time last year I looked for their liquid seaweed, but was told by a member of staff that they weren't selling it any more. Where do you get your pellets from please? I hope it's cheap!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

I bought a big tub from the garden centre by me for £6. Have only used a handful, and now I have chickens myself - so not sure when I'm going to get through it all!!

Comment

Pity I don't live nearer Chris, I'd have paid you for it!

Comment

I visit Derby regularly (that's where I'm from) - I know I'll definately be up again in June as my sister is going to pop a sprog out then I doubt I'll be able to use it, so if it's still in my garage then we can work out how I can get it to you if you like.. Will probably be up again before then (as thats late in growing season) - I'll keep you posted.

Won't be after anything for it.. would rather it goto use than just sit unused!

Comment

Wyvales had it the other day bogof six pound ish I normally buy mine when its bogof, our lottie shop also sells it.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

I used to get mine from B&Q- cost about £8 for a 10kg tub

Our allotment Society also sold them or about that price- well a tad cheaper.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've got several tubs of it. I think my Dad must have bought a lorry load, and as he doesn't do much in the garden nowadays, it doesn't get used. He used to chuck it everywhere, whether it needed it or not! Sorry, that's probably no help, but if you're in the area ...
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

our big wilko had it on sunday not seen it in the smaller one though
                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

My Wilko also has tubs @£5.99. No seed potatoes though.
                  History teaches us that history teaches us nothing. - Hegel

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                    I visit Derby regularly (that's where I'm from) - I know I'll definately be up again in June as my sister is going to pop a sprog out then I doubt I'll be able to use it, so if it's still in my garage then we can work out how I can get it to you if you like.. Will probably be up again before then (as thats late in growing season) - I'll keep you posted.

Won't be after anything for it.. would rather it goto use than just sit unused!
                    That's really sweet of you Chris and thank you, but I really wouldn't have you travelling to deliver something that is obviously cheap as chips everywhere. I'll look in the big Wilkinsons in Sheffield, they are bound to have it.

Comment

Im going into sheffield in the morning so will look in the big wilkinsons for you and will report back.. i could do with some my self. Very nice on toast.
                      Roger
                      ps.. our lottie society shop (woodseats) was going to try and get hold of some, but i think its closed until feb
                      Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Roger that would be great. Do you have best butter with that?

Comment

Good news, F F... the Big Wilkinsons next to castle markets have a 7kg tub for just under 6 quid. As you go in they are on the bottom shelf in the middle of the first gardening isle to the right as you walk in.. there were about half a dozen this morning.
                          Roger
                          Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks very much Roger, you're a star. In fact, you can twinkle, twinkle for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by arpoet View Post
                              Good news, F F... the Big Wilkinsons next to castle markets have a 7kg tub for just under 6 quid. As you go in they are on the bottom shelf in the middle of the first gardening isle to the right as you walk in.. there were about half a dozen this morning.
                              Roger
                              roger..
                              could you be a bit more specific please.
                              "if im not up the allotment...im up the caravan"

bowers allotment society

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X