Easiyo Users

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiyo Users

I have been using this company for my supplies. They are very prompt at delivering.
    www.yoghurtdirect.co.uk
    Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Hi Shirley

Are these yogurt makers any good, I keep feeling tempted to get one, but Lidls do such lush creamy yogurts I don't know whether I would be wasting money attempting to make my own

Your advice and opinions would be much appreicated

Thanks
    Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Thanks for that Shirley. I normally get it from Lakeland, but nice to have another supplier.

Chris - they are blooming good! Having used various different ones over the years, this has to be the easiest and most effective yoghurt I have made. And I can get a low fat bio yoghurt mix which is just what I want.
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
        Hi Shirley
        Are these yogurt makers any good, I keep feeling tempted to get one, but Lidls do such lush creamy yogurts I don't know whether I would be wasting money attempting to make my own
        Your advice and opinions would be much appreicated
        Thanks
        Depends on what you want from your yoghurt? Convenience? Taste? Economy? A 'healthy' alternative? A clear conscience?

I've recently switched fully to organic milk because I'm not comfortable with the welfare of dairy cows in industrial (non-organic) milk production. It's a personal choice; I want our family milk money to support organic milk producers. I only buy organic milk products too - including yoghurt (is the Lidl yoghurt organic)? But we only eat it from time to time, so I buy organic yoghurt for occasional use.

If we ate more yoghurt, I would definitely make my own from organic milk. It doesn't need a machine, other than for convenience - my mother used to make yoghurt from unpasteurised milk from the farm over the road, in a bowl in the airing cupboard, and it was delicious!
        Last edited by supersprout; 31-01-2007, 08:11 PM.
        SSx
        not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Hi
          I use it all the time, although I take the point about organic milk (there is an organic mix available) but also I always feel guilty that it's travelled all the way from New Zealand.
          If I didn't have to faf around with thermometers and saucepans I would have a go, I used to use the other method, of a heated container and if you had a pause in production you'd need to go out and buy a starter yogurt again, and it's not easy finding an organic plain yoghurt where I live.
          With Easyo if you've got the packets in the house then you've got the yoghurt.
          Also looking at the prices on the website, the ones I use anyway are cheaper at Lakeland by 5p - 20p.
          best wishes
          Sue

Comment

Love Easiyo, somehow it tastes better than the usual 'make your own with blood heat milk in warm place performance' yoghurt does. Have tried the Organic, bio and greek styles, all very good and the custard one is pleasant in a weird kind of way too.
            All at once I hear your voice
            And time just slips away
            Bonnie Raitt

Comment

OK I give in, you've convinced me, I'll have to give it a try

Here's to home made thick creamy yogurt
              Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

The drinking yoghurts are really good too. I keep a couple of packets of ordinary natural yoghurt so if I fancy making a korma I can have the yoghurt in a few hours.
                I split my delivery with my mother so I get postage free because order in bulk.
                Julian Graves sell it but are expensive.
                Lovely yoghurt you must try
                Last edited by shirley; 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM.
                Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

I eat a bio yoghurt every day for health reasons and the only way I can get hold of something fresh and relatively organic is to make it myself. I have tried every possible way of making yogurt over the last 25 years or so, and have found that this has to beat them all. I worry too about the fact it comes from NZ (cost etc) and unfortunately I can't get organic milk here.

Hadn't thought of the drinking yoghurt for Kormas. Thanks for that Shirley.

PS Just tucking into my yoghurt now - mmmmmmmmm - delicious!
                  Last edited by JennieAtkinson; 01-02-2007, 01:50 PM.
                  ~
                  Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                  ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Hi

I have just brought one.
                    Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Comment

PT
                      Enjoy!
                      Sue

Comment

This all looks lovely but how economical is it really, I'm on a tight budget and try to buy organic milk everyday. The kids love to eat yoghurt everyday and we try to eat healthily, with all the cheapish yoghurts in the supermarket is this going to work out expensive?
                        Bex

Comment

There seem to be makers and mixes regularly on eBay too
                          SSx
                          not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Hi

Picked up yogurt maker from in-laws on Saturday, I have all my parcels sent there, and made the yogurt later that day. I can not believe how simple it is and requires no electricity and tastes wonderful eiven hubby is eating it.
                            Bye

PT

Carpe Diem

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you have got to put up with the rain!

http://heifer73.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've taken the plunge and ordered one plus various single packs of mix to see which ones we like.
                              Bex

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X