Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mixer?

Hi all,
    I was hoping some of you would have some advice to give here. We are looking at getting a mixer, possibly a Kenwood chef or something similar. As they are a pretty big investment, I was hoping that those of you who have mixers might share your views on pros and cons of different models with me. Things such as motor size are leaving me rather confused.
    It will be used regularly for kneading dough but will also be used for other things such as cakes.
    Many Thanks in advance for any help.

Incy have a look at this thread kenwood-chef-kitchenaid question I'd say a Kenwood chef but I'm biased I love my chef it gets used nearly every day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thanks for the link Bren.
      I've had a read through and it's confirmed my love of Kenwood chefs. No-one seems to say much about the different models though. I've found ones with motors ranging between 650 watts and 1400 watts and have no idea whether you need the bigger motor or not.

Comment

You will need a strong motor for kneading dough. The big Kenwoods are very robust and will cope with pretty much anything, but they are huge and take up a lot of room on the worktop.

The smaller mixers are more versatile and are adequate for mixing cake ingredients.
        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Thanks Mark. Do you think 1000 watts is sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
            Thanks Mark. Do you think 1000 watts is sufficient?
            Yes, that should be fine.
            Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Thanks Mark.
              The deed is now done. just have to wait for it to arrive now

Comment

I was about to rush in with the zeal of a crusader to recommend the Chef but I can see that my work here is already done

I know you'll love it
                I was feeling part of the scenery
                I walked right out of the machinery
                My heart going boom boom boom
                "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                I've come to take you home."

Comment

Which one did you go for in the end Incy ?

Comment

I bought the KMC560 in the end as it has a 1000 watt motor and was not a ridiculous price

Comment

Good choice Incy

Comment

I just bought a Kenwood Prospero 650W 4.3l from Tesco, a total impulse purchase as it was marked down to £145.

I'm in love again, and the object of my love is called Ken, Ken Wood. I never thought it would be like this!
                        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                        Snadger - Director of Poetry
                        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I've been looking at the KM023 Mega Pack - its a lot of money, and I'm worried that I wouldn't use all the attachments...but if its very powerful...and shiney...and I want one!

Comment

I'd be more inclined to go for one of the 'bog-standard' models, that way you can buy attachments and accessories of eBay etc, which people have had shut in their cupboards for 10 years and never used That's how I acquired my mincer/sausage stuffing and ice-cream maker attachments, lots cheaper than brand new price

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                              I'd be more inclined to go for one of the 'bog-standard' models, that way you can buy attachments and accessories of eBay etc, which people have had shut in their cupboards for 10 years and never used That's how I acquired my mincer/sausage stuffing and ice-cream maker attachments, lots cheaper than brand new price
                              ...now thats sound advice Sarz. I'll start looking at the smaller models and in the meantime, my bank balance will heave a sigh of relief. Thank you hun x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X