No announcement yet.

Garden planner

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Jennie, I forgot to mention ther tabs which have tagged on to the s/s. These include ready-reference lists for nutrients in compost, and germination times; and a list 'for another year' of peoples' recommendations for specific varieties, good for musing over in winter months and not being tempted into buying the world supply of seeds in one go
    Last edited by supersprout; 08-01-2007, 12:26 PM.
    SSx
    not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

This is the type of plan I use, using excell nothing worse than finding seeds that you should have sown last month
      Last edited by PAULW; 18-11-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Loved this, nice and clear Paul - like the 'sow' over a few months, it means you can slip to next month without panic!
        How do you get an image of the window, please?
        Last edited by supersprout; 08-01-2007, 08:30 PM.
        SSx
        not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

SS
          How do you get an image of the window, please?

Can you explain what you mean? The original is A4 without borders and the bottom peice is cut of another sheet and laminated together.

Comment

I got the Virtual Gardeners Almanac today, not bad at all, has some great features, and some things that it is sadly lacking!

It has a good plot planner, tho functionality is limited, it doesnt let you position individual plants in the beds, more it acts as a key to what bed is where!

Excellent plant info and planner, that allows you to specify what you are growing, where and then update the info when it has been sown, planted out, treated, harvested and cleared.

Fab recipie organiser that you can add your own recipies to, allows you to search by ingredients too, which is useful!

Good reports screen too, to let you know what you planted, germination rate, yields and notes.

Negatives, its not easy to get to grips with, I've had it crash twice and it doesnt look as tho its going to be easy to do crop rotation without reentering the data (or editing it)

Overall its not bad, but could be better! 6 out of 10 I recon!
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Just finished my plan - result - I've decided I've no time to go to work as I'm going to be pretty busy! Don;t think OH will wear that one for early retirement

I thought of having extra columns in some months labelled
              "no dinner this week"
              "see you next month"
              Last edited by JennieAtkinson; 29-01-2007, 03:03 PM.
              ~
              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X