Garden planner

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden planner

One of my new year resolutions is to keep a track of my garden throughout the year. I've been trawling the internet for some suitable software but I have had no luck. It either doesn't do what I want (layout of garden, what is planted, care and eventually add photos etc) or it costs a bomb. I want to install it on my desktop rather than having to use it online. Does anybody use this type of software and if so does anyone have any recommendations? I only have one day to go before this is the first new year resolution I break!

I've had a look for some free software of this type earlier in the year Amanda, but had no luck! I hope someone is able to post something suitable for you, cos I'd like to use it too!

Comne on you grapes, anyone got any links??
    Blessings
    Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
    Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
    Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
    On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Thanks Mrs D. Maybe someone has developed their own we could borrow. Any programme designers out there?

Comment

Would love a copy too!
        I use good old fashioned graph paper!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

There is software out there but it's not free I'm afraid

This is supposed to be good but I've never used it so couldn't d say

http://www.thevga.co.uk/software/sw.html
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

I got sent one I will dig it out and post a link to it
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

arhh got a head ache just reading this, BOB HELP! sounds too good to be true!
              Yo an' Bob
              Walk lightly on the earth
              take only what you need
              give all you can
              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Cool, thanks NOG!
                Blessings
                Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx

Comment

Just go to Exel and make up your own spreadsheets. very easy and printable too
                  http://lowestoftnaturalist-benacre.blogspot.com/

Comment

PM me and in the next few days I will do a one off....New Year email with the planner I got of Nick and one I found on the net and one I have been working on its all about 2 mb.
                    My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

have you looked on download.com just type gardening in the search box they normally have downloads for most things

Comment

Think I'll just stick to a calindr or ues the one that came With grow your oun that Mr Dobby hasent seen yet YEA I sor it first
                        Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
                        Dobby

Comment

Planners arrived safetly in my email this morning, many thanks NOG!
                          Blessings
                          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

Comment

Originally posted by Benacre View Post
                            Just go to Exel and make up your own spreadsheets. very easy and printable too
                            I use a combination of spreadsheet and low-tech.

The Excel spreadsheet shows:
                            • Family (for crop rotation) e.g. Cucurbits
                            • Seed/plant e.g. Winter Squash Buttercup
                            • Source e.g. Moles' seeds, saved seed
                            • Note e.g. sow under glass mid February, transplant early May
                            • Month by month cells, each with a symbol in e.g. S=Sow, P-Plant, T=Transplant, H=Harvest, S/H=Sow and Harvest, St=Available from store. Sorting these columns means I can a) print out a month by month guide of what to sow or plant when, and b) make sure I have a variety of veg crops available throughout the year.
                            • First Planting date and First Harvest date - this helps to calculate sowing to harvest times by seeing what happened in previous years

A little playing around means you can identify crop failures, move to the next year's spreadsheet if it's getting too late or the plot is too full!

To help with crop rotation, I whack in a large label (2" x 1/2@ batten offcut) market in permanent pen with the 'family' of the current or last crop, remove and replace when planting the new crop. That way I can be sure of not planting the same family twice in one bed.

I have tried all sorts of software, but it was too cumbersome. A home-made solution will show the information that YOU want for planning your plot IMO
                            Last edited by supersprout; 08-01-2007, 12:25 PM.
                            SSx
                            not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

Wow thanks Supersprout. After my success with the plan I suppose I'd better move on to keeping a planner! Your advice on what to include is very good, thanks! I would never have thought of doing it like that.
                              Right ...... need a rainy day and no one else on the computer .........
                              ~
                              Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                              ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X