Tefal Jam Maker. Any Good?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tefal Jam Maker. Any Good?

Does anyone have the Tefal electric jam maker? I've an awful feeling one is coming my way as a birthday present. Should I be dropping hints that I really want something else? (if it's good though I'd be quite happy to receive one).
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

I think they're supposed to be good at what they do BUT I've never seen the point of spending that much money on something which I can already do with my jam pan. Somebody was buying one in Lakeland when I was in there earlier today and they had totally run out of jam jars so am guessing that jamming is big at the moment!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I think the main downfall is that they don't fit a huge quantity of stuff in, so if you're trying to use up a glut of something you'll get very frustrated with it. If you want to make a few jars at a time, then it could be a good thing. Otherwise the money spent on a good jam pan (if you don't have one) would maybe be a better investment.

Comment

I don't have a jam-pan and I suppose this is my own fault as I'd dropped hints. My kids though have obviously decided (with a bit of a prod from my mum, I think) that the electric jobby is a more suitable gift (I'm 50 next month and if OH's 50th is anything to go by the kids will want to chip in and buy something that's from all of them). I caught a glimpse of the Lakeland catalogue, open at the appropriate page, when I visited my daughter at the weekend, before it was hastily pushed into a drawer. The Lakeland catalogue is, I know, my mum's so it's obviously been passed on for a reason.
        What I was actually dropping hints about was a jam-making kit from Ascot Smallholder's Supplies, which has the pan, plus thermometer and other bits and bobs. Ah well, suppose I'll go with the flow and accept it gracefully.

Comment

If your family is anything like my family, then hints are no good at all. You need to say something like "I think those fancy electric jam-makers are a complete waste of time, I would much prefer (whatever it is you really want). It would be much better for the amount of stuff I want to make.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
            If your family is anything like my family, then hints are no good at all. You need to say something like "I think those fancy electric jam-makers are a complete waste of time, I would much prefer (whatever it is you really want). It would be much better for the amount of stuff I want to make.
            I agree, print out the webpage from Ascot showing what you do want for your birthday and show it to them - Lakeland will take back a purchase and give them a refund if it hasn't been opened. Surely they'd rather you got what you wanted for your birthday, not what your mum thought you'd like.

I keep looking at the jammaker too, but I think I'd rather have a Maslin pan and all the bits to go with it.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've had a word with number 1 daughter who is probably the most down to earth, and now I'm getting a 'proper' jam pan and a wormery.

Comment

Yay!! Well done bm!!

Comment

Much better in my opinion! I don't know how people have kitchens big enough for some of the equipment available today. Bread maker, Jam maker, Food drier, Steam juice extractor - that's my kitchen cupboard full before I even stash me jam jars!

The proper jam pan is useful for batch cooking in quantity for the freezer too - or mega soup making.
                  Last edited by Flummery; 04-09-2009, 12:09 PM.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                    Thanks everyone. I've had a word with number 1 daughter who is probably the most down to earth, and now I'm getting a 'proper' jam pan and a wormery.
                    Brilliant result

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      Brilliant result
                      Yep, seems they were going to buy the jam-maker, then turn the rest of the money into book tokens, which actually I would have been pleased with, this though is much better. Can't wait to be 50 now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X