Grow Your Own Veg by Carole Klein

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lozza_9 View Post
    oh No, not more books - i will have a look thanks....
    hmmmm, seems to suggest you can have too many books?
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      hmmmm, seems to suggest you can have too many books?
      Maybe not too many books but definitely too little shelf space

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Carols book is now available from the book people for £4.99....I've just ordered myself a copy!
        May all our seeds germinate and grow

Helen

Comment

Hi all there was a thread earlier this week about this with a code for free P&P when ordering through the book peoople

Carol Klein 'Grow Your Own Veg.' Book

hope this helps
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Hiya,
            Just got my copy and it is great. Very good for newbies like me as it is clear, broken down into seasons/months and well illistrated. I really ike Carols manner and enthusiasum...only had a quick flick through so far...feel a reading session comming on this weekend.
            Sam

Comment

I like Carol Klein's TV programme, but why is it repeated only days later? I would rather it be repeated in a couple of weeks, when there's nowt else on the tellybox.
              As for books, I've ordered Andi Clevelly's one from the library, been waiting months, so it must be good cos someone's hanging onto it!
              We like Caroline Foley's 'The Allotment Handbook', not least because it mentions our dear old town (not many people have heard of it)
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've got the Carol Klein book.

As a complete beginner to veg growing I find it helpful as it spells things out clearly and simply without jargon.

Comment

I just got my copy from the library - and read it last night. Lovely photos, I esp. love the paper it's printed on, feels recycled rather than that nasty glossy stuff normally used. My one criticism is I don't grow ANY of the varieties that she recommends! Who is 'doing it wrong?' I must confess to being attracted to varieties that are pretty or have unusual names.
                  STILL waiting for Andi Clevelly's one, think I will make enquiries.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                    I just got my copy from the library - and read it last night. Lovely photos, I esp. love the paper it's printed on, feels recycled rather than that nasty glossy stuff normally used. My one criticism is I don't grow ANY of the varieties that she recommends! Who is 'doing it wrong?' I must confess to being attracted to varieties that are pretty or have unusual names.
                    STILL waiting for Andi Clevelly's one, think I will make enquiries.
                    The Cleverlly book is tres cool - I managed to get school to buy Klein's book to help us develop the school veg plot!
                    The law will hang the man or woman
                    Who steals the goose from off the common
                    But lets the greater thief go loose
                    Who steals the common from the goose
                    http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by johnty greentoes View Post
                      The Cleverlly book is tres cool - I managed to get school to buy Klein's book to help us develop the school veg plot!
                      Hmm...good idea....I wonder if I can justify buying it on expenses.....?

[QUOTE=Hazel at the Hill;80156]Hmm...good idea....I wonder if I can justify buying it on expenses.....?/QUOTE]

... and don't forget it was really you that paid for my book ............

Originally posted by johnty greentoes
                      ... and don't forget it was really you that paid for my book ............
                      Aha! Well spotted - you are right! Then I can borrow it?

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill
                      Aha! Well spotted - you are right! Then I can borrow it?
                      Actually...can I have it back, then YOU can borrow it........!?!

Actually...can I have it back, then YOU can borrow it........!?!
                      You are too quick for yourself!

I reckon you personally own about 1 millionth of my book.

To allow me to calculate your proper share you'll have to let me know what you earn, what your tax code is and where you live! The I'll send you the word from the book that is yours.

You are too quick for yourself!

I reckon you personally own about 1 millionth of my book.

To allow me to calculate your proper share you'll have to let me know what you earn, what your tax code is and where you live! The I'll send you the word from the book that is yours.
                      ....or possibly the letter, or the particular comma or full stop!

....or possibly the letter, or the particular comma or full stop!
                      Sorry I didn't get to answer this last night - I had to get to bed to be ready to do a proper job in the morning - you know, the one you pay me for...

Sorry I didn't get to answer this last night - I had to get to bed to be ready to do a proper job in the morning - you know, the one you pay me for...
                      Sorry I can't stop...I'm still at work...

Sorry I can't stop...I'm still at work...
                      You're always at work!
                      Last edited by Lesley Jay; 22-03-2007, 04:55 PM.

Comment

You're always at work!
                        *sigh* I know....busy, busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          *sigh* I know....busy, busy.
                          Having found out that I am a neo-pagan with Buddhist leanings (beliefs thread) I am trying to live up to it.

Oh Hazel, I do hope you find time to relax tonight and consider the night sky.

Does it suit me?
                          The law will hang the man or woman
                          Who steals the goose from off the common
                          But lets the greater thief go loose
                          Who steals the common from the goose
                          http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...