Jam Making Machines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jam Making Machines

Trousers and I went to friends this weekend, and in the course of conversations, evidently there are specific Jam Making Machines now available to buy.

Please, please don't bombard me with why I shouldn't buy one and I should just stick to using the relevant setting on a Bread Maker, or continuing to use my trusty Preserving Pan. Please? because I'm not about to buy one, but I seriously do need to know if they're any good for a possible project in the future.

I'm only asking a question here, and genuinely want to know about these machines.

Do you know anyone who has one, and do they rate it?
    Have you got one, and do you rate it?
    Have you seen them advertised, or for sale, and pondered their possible faults?

All and any constructive comments most welcome peeps.
    Thank you in advance.X.

Interesting thread Wellie (nothing new there). Never heard about these machines so will read with interest.
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

Never heard of them, but on first thoughts sounds like a manufacturer trying to sell a gimmicky machine.

Comment

I've seen the Tefal one at Lakeland and thought it looked quite good (but then again, I do have a secret identity... Gadget Woman ).

I didn't think it could do anything I couldn't but it did look fun and fast and with less faff and cleaning than the traditional way. At £80 though, I think it's probably more for those who have lots of produce to preserve but neither the time or energy to do so.
        I was feeling part of the scenery
        I walked right out of the machinery
        My heart going boom boom boom
        "Hey" he said "Grab your things
        I've come to take you home."

Comment

I suspect (but I have a suspicious nature!) that in most cases - but I realise you are planning something Wellie-ish! - they will end up with sandwich toasters in the back of cupboards.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Somebody was asking about them in Lakeland when I was on there a couple of months ago, don't think they do very high volumes though and did sound rather expensive. Must be a bit popular though as that particular branch had sold out and the shopper was having problems getting hold of one.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

The fact that they allegedly don't do vast quantities at a time is actually very appealing to me, because then you could make a couple of jars of this, and a couple of jars of that, of an evening or on a rainy day, as small quantities of fruits are harvested.

And having bought a Heat Diffuser this weekend in Lakeland for my Damson Chutney making...... Do Jam Making Machines double up as Chutney Making Machines? or am I just being greedy here?!

Comment

Sorry to say this Wellie, but jam doesn't really need hi-tech. So if you want a machine whats wrong with the bread machine jam setting? Ours used to make a jar/couple of jars a time and was very easy.
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                  Ours used to make a jar/couple of jars a time and was very easy.
                  mine too, only about 1lb fruit at a time makes a couple or so jars.....
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

If my Bread Machine was already in use, and there was a possibility of my Client buying one for my use, the purpose of this thread is to find out if they're any good, that's all. But I take your point SBP & HM, so thank you anyway

Comment

No worries Wellie. You need two bread machines then!

Anyone have a picture/link for one of these mysterious jam machines btw?
                      To see a world in a grain of sand
                      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
                        Anyone have a picture/link for one of these mysterious jam machines btw?
                        here you go

Tefal® Electric Jam Maker- Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware
                        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Good grief! It makes Electric Jam! Make sure you're wearing your wellies when you eat it! (Oh, but you always do don't you ?)
                          Last edited by Flummery; 23-10-2008, 09:29 AM.
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Hans Mum you're an Angel!
                            Trousers and I really enjoyed that link, and it does Chutney too!!
                            Tefal is a good 'make' and I would certainly recommend my client in that direction.
                            X

Comment

Tefal seem a very innovative company, I've got their multiple slow cooker/steamer/rice cooker and their fab chip maker that uses only a spoonful of oil for a whole batch of chips. Use both machines constantly. Was very tempted by the jam machine, I've got the whole works, jam pan etc, but often had setting problems so would like that uncertainty taken away. And anyone with cats like what I've got would be grateful for any cooking method using boiling oil or jam being safely contained within a closed machine.
                              Not very safe doing cooking with a cat on their shoulder - no door on my kitchen and one of the little ***** is very keen on watching what's going on in the kitchen, washing up sessions fraught with a battle between him and me for possession of the washing up brush.
                              So if I had the money would seriously be thinking about the jam machine.
                              Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X