No announcement yet.

Jam Making Machines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youre welcome wellie, i;m going to the good food show and am gonna have a look at the tefal stand to see how much they are they often have good show offers so i might just have to treat myself x
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

If 'Someone Else' is paying for it, then I'd definately give it a go. The Juice Extraction has to be a useful feature, that's the time consuming bit when making jellies. I don't think I'd buy it myself though, I quite like being 'hands on'
      Last edited by SarzWix; 24-10-2008, 09:14 PM.

Comment

i'm very tempted .... i made jam last year, some set too hard, some was too runny, was a lot of messing around and a lot of mess .....
        this year i didn't get round to making any jam at all .... was so busy a load of fruit went rotten while i messed about trying to find that spare hour to stand at the cooker making jam .....
        and next year i'm going to have soooooooo much fruit ........
        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

I cant understand how this machine knows when the jam has reached its set point as it just cooks for a set period. It sounds a good thing if it does actually work well but again, how will it know when chutney, which doesnt set, has reached that "just right" consistency.

I may be being a bit negative but part of my gardening / cooking "kick" is getting very much involved in what I grow or make. Jam by machine seems almost soul-less and my bread is much quicker to make by hand that by machine.

Comment

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
            ... part of my gardening / cooking "kick" is getting very much involved in what I grow or make. Jam by machine seems almost soul-less .......

i'm a very busy person, i just don't get a kick out of standing at a cooker for an hour or more when i'm already tired ...... but i do like home grown fruit and veg and stuff i can make from them ......
            one day life will ease up for me ....
            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X